Please view the guidelines
The started project in the given shape more or less died as most of the contributors stopped working on it at OpenOffice.
- Mathias Bauer mailto:email@example.com
- Thorsten Behrens mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cedric Bosdonnat mailto:Cedricbosdo@openoffice.org
- Bjoern Michaelsen mailto:email@example.com
- Florian Reuter mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oliver Specht mailto:email@example.com
- Oliver-Rainer Wittmann mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we aiming for
from Issue 33737 : Input fields are currently edited using a dialog box that pops up when clicking the field. It would be more intuitive, faster and practical to edit these fields in-place instead of through a dialog. Ideally they should also allow for direct formatting as well.
This enhancement would also increase compatibility and interoperability with MS Word. Text fields in Word forms are imported as input fields.
- Our starting point is the textfield implementation created mainly by Florian Reuter. The patch has been commited to OOo with CWS DEV300 cbosdo02 and has been adapted with some additional integration work by User:od and User:b_michaelsen.
The road ahead
Once in-place editing of textfields is integrated in the master, we would need to consider:
- integration of input fields form fields
- representation of fields in ODF
- changes to the user interface
- allowing for attributed (formatted) text in fields
- ... more follow-up work
- Issue 16641 Integrate Input Fields and Form Controls
- Issue 33737 Allow for in-place editing of input field (turn off pop-up)
- Issue 79720 Protect Document but allow input field entry - MS Word to OOo
- Issue 93321 Preparation of new Field implementation from issue 33737
- Issue 94949 Writer Bookmark Refactoring for metadata