User:Nnino/Drafts/Tutorial: Working with OOo Base
|Translation draft! Feel free to edit and correct. |
Original: Base Entwurf einer Datenbank (German PDF)
The following tutorial intends to make you familiar with using OOo Base. By creating a scheduling database, you will learn how to
- create a new database
- create tables containing the appointments information
- create relations between tables
- create forms to enter/edit the appointments
- create queries to generate filtered views of your appointments
- create reports of your appointments
- 1 Creating the database
- 2 Creating appointments table
- 3 Creating types table
- 4 Establishing a relation between the tables
- 5 Creating types form
- 6 Entering data into the form
- 7 Creating New Appointment form
- 8 Customizing New Appointment form
- 9 Simplifying data entry
- 10 Adding a listbox to the form
- 11 Adding a combobox to the form
- 12 Testing the form
- 13 Defining tab order
- 14 Creating a form showing all appointments
- 15 Copying a form
- 16 Customizing a form
- 17 Adding sorting to the form
- 18 Creating a form which lists appointments
- 19 Defining sort order
- 20 Changing form basis
- 21 Changing join settings
- 22 Changing control settings
- 23 Creating a query
- 24 Sorting a query
- 25 Creating a form based on a query
- 26 Creating a report
- 27 Customizing the report
- 28 Tips for database usage
Creating the database
Click on File > New > Database to launch the database wizard.
In the first step activate Create new database and click Continue.
In the second step mark Yes, register data base and Open database for editing. Then click Finish.
Choose a name for your database like SchedulingDB and a place to save it. Click OK.
The following window will open:
Now, we will create the elements of our database.
Creating appointments table
Click on the Tables icon File:BaseTablesIcon.png on the left.