Initial thought from ccornell at forum
- The OOo user community is building (creating, establishing?) a new OOo User forum that will be hosted at user.services.openoffice.org (is it a good thing to mention the awkward domain name?)
- The new OpenOffice.org forum will be the first part of of a new user community that will continue to grow as new user services are added (eg user blogs, user dashboard etc.)
- The new forum is being built and run by the user community for the user community
--Ccornell 10:11, 14 September 2007 (CEST) borrowed one of the comments from nonathon (with some edits)...
Volunteers are working on setting up the site and instituting a charter of management. Those who have volunteered will be invited to act as founding subscribers and will be mentioned in a roll of honour on the site. The address for those who wish to check on progress is user.services.openoffice.org .
more brainstorming (pulling on nonathon's and other comments in the forum).....
The OpenOffice.org user community is proud to announce that they are establishing a new OpenOffice.org User forum.
- The new forum is hosted by Sun and can be found at http://user.services.openoffice.org.
- The forum will be run by the OpenOffice.org community through community representatives and volunteers.
- Volunteers from the OpenOffice.org community are very busy setting up the forum and developing a charter of management.
- More volunteers are needed now, and in the near future to help build momentum in this new forum.
- Since we seem to be treating this as a forum topic I put my comment here rather than on the discussion. Not sure that "proud to announce" is right here. We aren;t the farther of a new baby :-) -- TerryE 01:39, 15 September 2007 (CEST)
How is this - assuming we can get some signatures by Tuesday on a charter.
The OpenOffice.org User Community Volunteers ( OUCV ), a chartered group of OpenOfrice.org users and supports, announces initial hosting agreement.
In order to carry out its mission the OUCV has entered into hosting arrangements with Sun Microsystems, Hamburg Germany.
- OUCV first project is an OO.o User - to - User support forum at http://user.services.openoffice.org.
- The forum is currently under development by OUCV volunteers, with a go-live date TBD ~ but real soon!
- The OUCV is also pleased to announce it is in final stage discussions with a major US hosting provider for a second site, to offer additional services to the OO.o user community.
- The OUVC is actively seeking volunteers now, and in the near future to help build the finest User support services in the FOSS world!
If you have any question Terry Ellison of the OUCV is in attendance and would be pleased to give you contact information for group.
Drew 02:47, 16 September 2007 (CEST)