ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-07-12 IRC log
(14:58:44) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:58:50) ja_: Moin
(15:00:29) Stefan_W [~stefan@p5491F7EC.dip.t-dialin.net] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:34) kai_a [~ka@nat/sun/x-sokiefakhkbjvgcw] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:49) enoki: hi
(15:02:14) UweL [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-whatqnmymelswzvc] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:42) gibi33 [~email@example.com] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:49) blauwal [~jr93709@nat/sun/x-fdsqqvnslhgfleig] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:02) ml1 [~ml93712@nat/sun/x-dbeqjavlauarrpts] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:08) ml1: hi
(15:06:31) stefan_b: Hi
(15:06:47) _KAMI_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: Leaving.).
(15:07:12) _Nesshof_: sorry, I'm late
(15:07:26) _Nesshof_: mdamboldt is still in vacation
(15:08:20) _Nesshof_: OOO330_m1 is building, to my fault I also let the gstreamer in :-(
(15:08:32) rafaella [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-aichrzxsgprjwgab] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:38) _Nesshof_: beta stopper will all be addressed by m1
(15:08:57) _Nesshof_: so of no new stoppers m2 should be base for a beta
(15:09:27) _Nesshof_: do we have issues open for review ?
(15:10:42) ml1: no issues direcly but there is a request for help regarding samba/cifs in the agenda
(15:11:37) _Nesshof_: is this something for this meeting ?
(15:11:54) _Nesshof_: do we have a list of all these issues ?
(15:12:17) MechtiIde: Maybe get info if someone can help me to consolidate such issues
(15:12:42) MechtiIde: details we can discuss outside the meeting
(15:12:45) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: do you did a call for this on the dev@qa list ?
(15:12:51) MechtiIde: yes
(15:13:37) MechtiIde: but no response
(15:14:00) dtardon [~firstname.lastname@example.org] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:14:20) _Nesshof_: so what should be the next step ?
(15:15:19) ***_Nesshof_ will look into the archive
(15:15:39) ***_rene_ wonders why avmedia102 was nominated and integrated into OOO330 after feature freeze and branch-off
(15:15:52) _Nesshof_: ja_: any news about the update mechanism
(15:16:15) ja_: PUS has been activated for de, en-US, fr and it so far
(15:16:17) _Nesshof_: _rene_: as above mention, my fault, shouldn't have done this since this risks our beta
(15:16:47) ja_: other localizations will follow soon
(15:17:20) _rene_: actually, that's mot my point. often betas were more like alphas anyways, so...
(15:17:33) _rene_: and given how much changes we had for 3.3.. :)
(15:17:42) MechtiIde: ja_, Is it possible to have a time line for the update services
(15:17:43) Stefan_W: ja_: "Die Suche nach einem Update ist fehlgeschlagen" (Update failes, issue 95975)
(15:17:54) IZBot: timed out - please visit the URL yourself: http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=95975
(15:20:17) ja_: Stefan_W: I just activated the notification. It will need some hours until the server backend starts to notify. Please stay tuned
(15:21:55) _rene_: _Nesshof_: si it will stay there...?
(15:22:36) ***_Nesshof_ would prefer doing so
(15:22:47) ***_rene_ would not
(15:23:57) blauwal: _rene_: understand this, but RE would rather not undo the integration
(15:24:31) blauwal: _rene_: we were not completely free of guilt that it was so late
(15:24:44) blauwal: _rene_: broken rep. etc
(15:24:58) _rene_: that's not relevant, tbh
(15:25:09) _rene_: the cws is and was targetted for "OOo 3.4"
(15:25:28) _rene_: no no excuse for "broken rep" for "being late" (actually you were not at all)
(15:25:31) ja_: Mechtilde: sorry I cannot give a timeline as long as translation of landingpages is involved into the process
(15:25:40) _Nesshof_: yes, done by myself
(15:25:58) MechtiIde: ja_, i mean to discuss about a general timeline
(15:26:02) _Nesshof_: (target 3.4)
(15:26:24) MechtiIde: if someone want to update 2.4 (s)he get as the newest version 3.1.1
(15:26:38) blauwal: _rene_: considering that we integrated in the last two milestones such a number of CWSs of which, I'm sure, not all were *completely* ready we should leave things as they are.
(15:26:42) ja_: Mechtilde: this is an error and must be fixed
(15:26:50) _Nesshof_: blauwal: how far m1 has got ?
(15:26:58) _rene_: _Nesshof_: actuall untrue ("OOo 3.4 2010-06-21 13:22:44.0 Christian.Lippka@Sun.COM") but anyways
(15:27:24) ja_: Mechtilde: will have a look at it after this meeting
(15:27:27) _Nesshof_: oops, yes christian was faster than me
(15:27:37) blauwal: _Nesshof_: Kurt is working on it aand he said something about "maybe this evening or tomorrow"
(15:27:39) MechtiIde: ja_, yes
(15:28:11) _rene_: blauwal: I didn't say anything about quality (but yes, I agree about that) for this specific case, just in general
(15:29:22) _rene_: blauwal: I just mean that you (= Oracle) disapprove stuff because it isn't a blocker, don't approve/nominate blocker cwses though everything verified since Thursday and *then* integrate avmedia102 (which was targetted to OOo3.4) after feature freeze...
(15:29:24) blauwal: _rene_: in general you are right. And if m1 were not that far progressed I would take it out. But now ...
(15:29:55) Fridrich: _rene_: this was a typical mistake that helps our friends in HH completely shortcircuit all rules and put everybody before fait accompli. Smelling Bemmer in it
(15:30:20) _rene_: actually and honestly I do not believe this was a mistake
(15:30:44) blauwal: Fridrich: we bent over to get some of Koheis stuff in time so please give us some slack here
(15:30:45) Fridrich: sure, my mistake statement was sarcastic
(15:30:50) _rene_: might be one, might be not, my gut feeling as I first saw this was that it was intended :)
(15:31:26) _rene_: especially after this seriously broken blog post
(15:31:44) Fridrich: blauwal: one does not undo other
(15:32:06) Fridrich: blauwal: and I actually think that you are not teh guilty
(15:32:24) Fridrich: but maybe Paul The Octopus could say more
(15:33:50) ja_: Paul is specialized on soccer
(15:34:09) _Nesshof_: any other issue for today ?
(15:35:16) _rene_: blauwal: ah, because a broken build is such far it does not matter? ah, hmm. interesting argument.
(15:37:18) blauwal: _rene_: it does matter, but judging plague vs. cholera here, I choose the plague
(15:38:16) _Nesshof_: where is which build broken ?
(15:38:28) MechtiIde: It is better to avoid both plugues and cholerra
(15:38:49) blauwal: _rene_: you propably know that I was against every attempt to dis-integrate something so far ... at least I'm consistent :-)
(15:40:27) blauwal: MechtiIde: to late for that
(15:41:56) _rene_: _Nesshof_: here, Debian/Novell/RedHat/Ubuntu/... etc. by needing to fix to not apply the already existing patchset. and what is broken is that e.g. there's still a fallback to JMF. Which probably will be in effect for everyone not installing the gstreamer libs (and that will happen as Suns "packages" don't have proper dependencies)
(15:42:13) _rene_: _Nesshof_: and any side-effects this exchanging will cause...
(15:42:28) blauwal: _rene_: not to late to hand over master fixes to Kurt
(15:43:15) _rene_: when I get to building m1 it *will* be too late
(15:43:20) _Nesshof_: _rene_: this is the upstream release status meeting, not one of it's derivates
(15:43:41) _rene_: this is irrelevant. you broke your own rules
(15:43:48) _Nesshof_: the interation of gstreamer may save some patches for the derivates in the future
(15:43:49) Fridrich: _Nesshof_: that is ridiculous position, but yours
(15:43:49) _rene_: and broke distros' builds.
(15:44:09) _rene_: OOo 3.4, ok, time to prepare
(15:44:18) _rene_: OOo 3.3 *after* feature freeze: no.
(15:45:58) MechtiIde: IMO the masterfix should contain removing of the CWS
(15:46:12) MechtiIde: s/removing/remove
(15:46:27) Fridrich: MechtiIde: don't expect them to do it ever :)
(15:46:28) blauwal: MechtiIde: won't happen
(15:47:06) Fridrich: MechtiIde: the politics of accomplished facts does never allow widthdrawing from acquired position, only spinning it right
(15:47:22) blauwal: MechtiIde: as I said, I've always resisted doing such things, no matter who pressured, will not start here
(15:47:47) _rene_: not even if it didn't follow anything you normally defend?
(15:48:01) _rene_: that sounds like double moral to me
(15:48:15) _rene_: what would you do if *I* sneaked a cws like this in?
(15:48:16) blauwal: MechtiIde: Martin can tell you a story or two about me being stubborn as a mule
(15:48:41) msc_sun hat den Raum verlassen
(15:49:03) _rene_: (technically possible by just committing something between nomination and integration)
(15:49:03) blauwal: _rene_: if it has value and made it past nomination, yes, I would not take it out. actually I think that happened already once (15:52:39) ***_Nesshof_ will take a night to sleep about this
(15:52:47) _Nesshof_: by
(15:53:21) _rene_: blauwal: good to know :) (not serious)
(15:53:26) Fridrich: blauwal: have you pushed that yet?
(15:53:59) blauwal: Fridrich: it's in OOO330_next, I think
(15:54:19) Fridrich: blauwal: it is not visible on hg.services.openoffice.org so the "mistake" is not yet done, it is enough to not to push it and you are good