ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-01-18 IRC log
(14:50:04) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:50:10) mla: hello
(14:52:37) Stefan_b [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(14:54:44) rtimm [n=Ruediger@nat/sun/x-lymlvoppybvyeivy] entered the room.
(14:55:50) rtimm: ml1: as joost won't join us today, will you log this chat and create the minutes?
(14:55:58) mla: yes
(14:56:08) rtimm: Great, thanks.
(14:56:17) ***_rene_ has autologging on anyway
(14:57:14) enoki [email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:00:04) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-rdzshwfoxyxxryxy] entered the room.
(15:00:08) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:00:17) mdamboldt: welcome to todays release status meeting
(15:00:33) Stefan_b: Hi!
(15:00:39) enoki: hi
(15:00:40) MechtiIde: hello
(15:00:47) mdamboldt: During last week a couple of stoppers were raised and fixed for the 3.2 release.
(15:01:27) mdamboldt: As result we created a RC3 build (OOO320m10) which has already been uploaded and it's currently making it's way thru the mirror network.
(15:02:30) mdamboldt: Since we are (hopefully) nearly finished with the 3.2, the new target 3.2.1 has just been setup today to file issues against it.
(15:02:44) _rene_: when is 3.2.1 planned? still March=
(15:02:45) _rene_: ?
(15:02:51) _rene_: wiki has nothing :-)
(15:03:23) mdamboldt: _rene_: Sure wiki needs to be updated soon. Usually we plan in the three month frame.
(15:03:39) _rene_: that's why I ask. 3 month timeframe would be April :-)
(15:03:55) _rene_: as we have ~1 month delay :)
(15:03:58) mdamboldt: Just some minutes ago just another issue for 3.2 has been raised on the list. Issue 108412
(15:04:02) IZBot: Database access DEFECT NEW P3 Bug in filtered table controls http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=108412
(15:04:13) VolkerMe [n=chatzill@pD4B886B8.dip.t-dialin.net] entered the room.
(15:04:29) _rene_: no....
(15:04:36) mdamboldt: Marc has already reviewed the issue and added his comments.
(15:04:40) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-zzhfyhilhxdsgimo] entered the room.
(15:05:16) MechtiIde: +1 for Marc Comments
(15:05:28) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I agree
(15:05:35) UweL: me too
(15:05:36) _rene_: good :)
(15:05:37) mdamboldt: _rene_: no -> what?
(15:05:51) mla: yes, good target
(15:05:51) _rene_: no as in "no, please not..."
(15:05:59) mdamboldt: _rene_: ah!
(15:07:28) mdamboldt: Except the MacOSX platform all files of the RC3 seem to made their way thru the mirrors already.
(15:08:03) mdamboldt: I like to ask for a QA approval till next Monday, 25th January 2010. Does that sound possible?
(15:08:15) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I also saw the MacOSX Builds on the mirror network
(15:08:30) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I think so
(15:08:30) mla: it depends on which mirror you are looking
(15:09:35) MechtiIde: ok
(15:10:35) MechtiIde: one problem we should communicate is: You can't downgrade to OpenOffice.org 3.1.x or older with the same User-Directory
(15:10:59) MechtiIde: In many cases the version 3.1x or older crashes
(15:11:37) MechtiIde: this is because of a fix in 3.2 issue 100916
(15:11:42) IZBot: framework DEFECT CLOSED FIXED P3 Update berkeleydb to latest version http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=100916
(15:12:13) MechtiIde: Is there a possibilyty to inform via Release Notes or similar
(15:12:53) _rene_: it only happens when you create a user dir with 3.2 (and register some stuff) and *then* downgrade to 3.1.1
(15:13:11) _rene_: pretty unlikely. and who says downgrades of software is always supported?
(15:13:14) MechtiIde: yes
(15:13:30) mla: I can add a paragraph about this intothe final notes
(15:14:03) MechtiIde: ml1, I thin that is ok
(15:15:19) mdamboldt: Any other items for the 3.2 release?
(15:16:01) _rene_: yes, we didn't decide on a release date :-)
(15:16:29) ***mdamboldt Hopefully we can declare the 3.2 as released in next weeks meeting.
(15:16:59) MechtiIde: If we approval next Monday I think we can release end of next week?
(15:17:21) mdamboldt: Well if we get approval till next monday latest, a marketing release might happen on Wednesday next week, don't we?
(15:17:30) _rene_: if the approval on monday I think we can release even far earlier
(15:18:00) _rene_: I mean: stuff can be prepared immediately after we know that we release :)
(15:18:04) MechtiIde: Not earlier then Wednesday
(15:18:13) mla: wednesday seems possible
(15:19:59) mdamboldt: Ok, so lets cross our finger that no further stoppers are in there. (And keep in mind, the new Target 3.2.1 is your friend ;) )
(15:20:33) mdamboldt: Does anybody have anything else for todays meeting?
(15:20:40) mla: I was asked to provide some file sizes for this release
(15:20:56) mla: should I sent it to the channel or write to the minutes afterwards?
(15:21:00) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, we should set target 3.2.1 to issue 108412
(15:21:06) IZBot: Database access DEFECT NEW P3 Bug in filtered table controls http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=108412
(15:21:21) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I agree
(15:21:29) MechtiIde: ml1, to the minutes is a good Idea
(15:21:40) mla: mechtilde: target is already set
(15:21:56) MechtiIde: so we don't forget it
(15:22:05) mla: OK, I'll add the numbers to the minutes
(15:22:19) gibi33 [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:22:43) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds thats all for todays meeting. Talk to you next week latest.
(15:23:31) mdamboldt: bye
(15:24:33) UweL: bye
(15:24:40) mla: bye