Referencing data in a spreadsheet
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
You can reference data from other cells or sheets in the
same document. The result data changes accordingly when the sourcedata has changed.
Suppose that in a spreadsheet, you are trying to sum the
values of cell A1 in Sheet1 and cell B1 in Sheet2, and put the resultinto cell C1 in Sheet3. To accomplish the task, do the following steps:
- Select cell C1 in Sheet3.
- On the Formula toolbar, click the Function icon .
- You can use either of the following ways to edit the formula.
- Enter Sheet1.A1+Sheet2.B1 after the Equal sign (=).
- You can also complete the formula by selecting the cells in the
- In Sheet1, select cell A1.
- In Sheet3, enter a Plus sign (+) in the Formula Input Line.
- In Sheet2, select cell B1.
- In Sheet3, click the Accept icon on the Formula toolbar. You can see that the sum value of cell A1 in Sheet1 and cell B1 in Sheet2 is displayed in C1.