Reasons why a document cannot be changed
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
When you open a document, you cannot change the content,
and some menu items are disabled. This page introduces five possiblereasons for this.
- The file that you open is read-only. You can see the words (read-only) on the title bar of the document.
- The containing directory of the file is read-only.
- The file is opened or accessed by other applications. Make sure the document is not currently opened in another application, such as Lotus® Symphony™ or Microsoft Office.
- Part of the document that you edit is protected. Check with the
- Click .
- Make sure the Protected check box is not selected.