Log Mac Meeting October 10th 2007

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to October Meetings

[15:01] <PhilippL> meeting time ?

[15:01] <PhilippL> hdu_hh: ping

[15:02] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: pong... let's start

[15:02] <hdu_hh> 1. Welcome new devs joining Mac OS X port

[15:02] * hdu_hh doesn't see any new nicks

[15:02] <hdu_hh> 2. Latest news: last fixes, aquavcl03 integration, other cws ?

[15:03] <PhilippL> aquavcl03 is integrated.

[15:03] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: yeah!

[15:03] * Fridrich has quit (Remote closed the connection)

[15:03] * Fridrich (n=fridrich@33-185.203-62.cust.bluewin.ch) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:03] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Fridrich

[15:04] <ericb2> hello

[15:04] * Tweek_ (n=Tweek@ has joined #ooo_macport

[15:04] <hdu_hh> hi eric!

[15:04] <PhilippL> hello ericb2

[15:04] * fne (i=fne@nat/sun/x-1af25b8125d2e877) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:05] <ericb2> hello PhilippL

[15:05] <Tweek_> re ici alors :)

[15:05] <ericb2> Tweek_: english please ;)

[15:05] <Tweek_> sorry

[15:05] * ericb2 want to present Tweek_ interested to help us for the design

[15:05] * paveljanik has quit ("Leaving")

[15:05] <hdu_hh> Tweek_: welcome!

[15:05] <PhilippL> hi tweek !

[15:06] <Tweek_> hey :)

[15:06] <ericb2> Tweek_: you are just at the begining of the meeting , reserved for the newcomers :)

[15:06] <Tweek_> okay sweet ;)

[15:06] <hdu_hh> Tweek_: what topics are you intersted in?

[15:07] <Tweek_> Well I'm mainly here as Eric said to help to improve the User interface of OpenOffice ;)

[15:07] <Tweek_> changing the toolbar icones and the main icon

[15:07] <Tweek_> giving something more "Mac" and appealing ;)

[15:08] <hdu_hh> Tweek_: good!

[15:08] <ericb2> Tweek_: this is a big work: OpenOffice.org has a lot of icons

[15:09] <Tweek_> I know

[15:09] <Tweek_> But I'm glad if this can help to get a better looking software ;)

[15:10] <ericb2> Tweek_: in fact, we progressed a lot since last year: just try the X11 version to compare ;-)

[15:10] <Tweek_> Haha :p I dont have X11 installed

[15:10] * ericb2 can provde screenshots :)

[15:11] <Tweek_> cool

[15:11] <ericb2> Tweek_: ok. I propose to keep in contact with you, and help you if you need more infos

[15:12] <Tweek_> Okay sounds great. Do you have an email adres to give me ?

[15:12] <ericb2> Tweek_: to contact me ?

[15:12] <Tweek_> yep

[15:12] >Tweek_< : ericb@openoffice.org

[15:12] <ericb2> Tweek_: but you can join the channel, and all people here will be glad to help if needed

[15:13] <Tweek_> Oh okay sounds good :)

[15:13] <ericb2> Tweek_: thanks again for your proposal !

[15:13] <Tweek_> i kep the channel in colloquy

[15:13] thorsten tino Tweek_

[15:13] <Tweek_> No problem ;)

[15:14] <hdu_hh> Tweek_: or subscribe to dev@porting.openoffice.org (http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectMailingListList)

[15:14] <ericb2> hdu_hh: mac@porting ?

[15:14] <hdu_hh> ericb2: even better :-)

[15:15] <Tweek_> cool, thank you guys

[15:15] <jsi_sun> Tweek_: Some cool suggestions to reduce the count of icons would be also my favourites :-)

[15:16] <Tweek_> Oh well Ill see what i can do ;)

[15:16] <hdu_hh> Next item?

[15:16] <hdu_hh> 3. Status of most important issues

[15:16] <mav_eric> ericb2: is there no meeting today?

[15:16] * mav_eric just noticed that the meeting is already in progress - sorry

[15:16] <hdu_hh> mav_eric: no problem ;-)

[15:17] <ericb2> ok, that's great to see new people

[15:17] <ericb2> Tweek_: have you something to add, to present you ?

[15:18] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: I have in my query 151 issues on 'aqua' ....

[15:18] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: am I right?

[15:18] * ericb2 has 268

[15:18] <jsi_sun> ericb2: and hdu_hh already started the meeting...

[15:19] <PhilippL> ericb2: those are probably macport and keyword aqua combined ?

[15:19] <jsi_sun> ericb2: without closed and keyowrd = "aqua" -> 151

[15:19] <ericb2> jsi_sun : PhilippL: yes, they are

[15:20] <jsi_sun> ericb2: I look only on 'aqua'.... and now 152 :-)

[15:21] <hdu_hh> jsi_sun: do you agree with ericb2 on the top issues (http://eric.bachard.free.fr/mac/aquavcl/todo/october_2007/ aqua_Top15_of_tasks_7th_october.rtf)

[15:21] <ericb2> Can we go back with point2 ?

[15:21] * ericb2 just suggested

[15:21] <hdu_hh> ericb2: go ahead :-)

[15:22] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: rtf...grrrr

[15:22] <ericb2> spotlight01 is integrated too

[15:22] <ericb2> Florian Heckl did a great work

[15:22] <hdu_hh> ericb2: yay!

[15:22] <ericb2> FYI, Florian rewrote the plugin from scratch. then we will remove ( mh is aware) the NeoLight license from OpenOffice.org sources

[15:23] <ericb2> no longer needed

[15:23] <hdu_hh> ericb2: indeed. Thanks fheckl

[15:23] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: why is 4) Use native print dialog box (issue 77583) important? Important means that it is possible to print.

[15:23] <ericb2> jsi_sun: this is a stopper for migrations

[15:23] <ericb2> jsi_sun: even a big one

[15:23] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: 7) emulate right click with CTRL + click does not work for popup menus ( issue 82284 ) is in my eyes VERY IMPORTANT because you can not really work on notebooks if you like using context menus

[15:24] <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW P3 emulate right click with CTRL + click does not work on Aqua ( Mac OSX ) http://qa.openoffice.org/ issues/show_bug.cgi?id=82284

[15:24] <mav_eric> jsi_sun: native printing is the most common request I get via private mails

[15:25] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: 12)Mousewheel does not work in some listboxes http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=82266 not important

[15:25] <IZBot> issue 82266: porting DEFECT NEW P3 Mousewheel does not work in listboxes Tiger (font list e.g.)

[15:25] <PhilippL> mav_eric: native printing or native print dialog ?

[15:25] <ericb2> jsi_sun: I disagree

[15:25] <jsi_sun> mav_eric: okay, then you should add it to the issue

[15:25] <mav_eric> PhilippL: more the native printing dialogue - the OOo is very limited

[15:25] <jsi_sun> ericb2: hdu_hh asked _me_ if I agree

[15:25] <jsi_sun> :-)

[15:25] <ericb2> jsi_sun: mousewheel is a nightmare on Tiger, but not ( why ? ) on Leopard

[15:25] <jsi_sun> hdu_hh: the rest is ok from my point of view

[15:26] <ericb2> jsi_sun: if you have other tasks in mind, please propose

[15:26] <ericb2> jsi_sun: I can be wrong

[15:26] <jsi_sun> ericb2: Tiger? Do we support Tiger with 2.4? Panther is the black one, right? SCNR

[15:27] <mav_eric> yes we should support Tiger aka 10.4.x with 2.4

[15:27] <jsi_sun> ericb2: yes, I have some.... declare() is not working, native TT can not be startet via batch mode....

[15:27] <ericb2> jsi_sun: + Leopard to come

[15:27] <mav_eric> users would kill us we only support Leo with 2.4+

[15:27] <ericb2> mav_eric: we cannot support a non existing OS ? 8)

[15:27] <jsi_sun> mav_eric: okay, I am alwys confused with the code names... 10.3.x is not on the list, am I right?

[15:28] <ericb2> jsi_sun: you are

[15:28] <ericb2> FYI, 10.5 is broken with X11

[15:28] <ericb2> I got a strange breaker in sal

[15:28] <ericb2> Aqua is ok

[15:28] <jsi_sun> ericb2: thx 10.4. is the recent one and 10.5. will be the next, so we should support these both primarily

[15:28] <ericb2> jsi_sun: exactly

[15:29] <jsi_sun> Can someone give me a hint where a scroll problems in list boxes?

[15:29] * jsi_sun uses 10.4.x

[15:29] * ericb2 proposes an Action Item :

[15:29] <PhilippL> jsi_sun: open the font list box and try to use the wheel

[15:30] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: thx

[15:30] <ericb2> decide whether the list of the 15 proposed tasks can fit in aquavcl04 ?

[15:30] <PhilippL> jsi_sun: or click on font listbox, keep button pressed and move over popup ...

[15:30] <ericb2> jsi_sun: try inside and outside (slowly) ;-)

[15:31] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: works fine here?!

[15:31] <ericb2> jsi_sun: using m232 + aquavcl03 ?

[15:31] <PhilippL> ericb2: numer 2 issue 82259 is certainly not for aquavcl04. Unless someone has found a Cococa theming API.

[15:31] <IZBot> porting TASK NEW P3 Implement Cocoa controls (replace Carbon ) for Aqua version (Mac OS X) http://qa.openoffice.org/ issues/show_bug.cgi?id=82259

[15:31] <ericb2> PhilippL: sure

[15:31] <ericb2> PhilippL: sorry, not that one

[15:31] <jsi_sun> ericb2: It is from my point of view much more important to get basics of automated testing fixed asap otherwise we can not turn on the 24hrs/7days a week QA control...

[15:32] <ericb2> jsi_sun: what is still missing ? Maybe we can fix the issues for TT in priority, and continue after with the other ?

[15:32] <jsi_sun> ericb2: the aqua version is not paintung squares via TestTool and selections fails.

[15:32] <jsi_sun> ericb2: I will send you the issue list

[15:32] <ericb2> jsi_sun: thanks

[15:32] <jsi_sun> ericb2: yes

[15:33] <ericb2> Can we agree on: aquavcl04 content ?

[15:34] <ericb2> BTW, some other issues in the scope, are fixed in pj85

[15:34] * paveljanik (n=Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:34] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to paveljanik

[15:36] <hdu_hh> ericb2: what do you suggest for aquavcl04?

[15:37] <ericb2> hdu_hh: they are several things to do. I already separated leopard compatibility and quicklook, mikesic created quicklook.

[15:37] <ericb2> hdu_hh: what I see urgent is in the list + what jsi suggested

[15:37] <hdu_hh> ericb2: how about the top15-i82259?

[15:38] <PhilippL> hdu_hh: so you found a cocoa theming API ? ;-)

[15:38] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: not yet ;-)

[15:39] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: that's why I wrote top15 without i82259

[15:39] <PhilippL> number 13 issue 77566 is fixed.

[15:39] <IZBot> porting DEFECT RESOLVED DUPLICATE P3 Almost unreadable font in DicoOOO http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/ show_bug.cgi?id=77566

[15:39] <ericb2> PhilippL: some are fixed

[15:39] <ericb2> PhilippL: do yo agree I fixed the toggle fullscreen function ?

[15:39] * hdu_hh thanks ekato for the patch that was the basis for that fix

[15:40] <ericb2> s/agree/confirm/

[15:40] <PhilippL> ericb2: I guess so.

[15:40] <ericb2> PhilippL: then there is one less to be fixed in the list

[15:40] <jsi_sun> ericb2: here are the imprtant list for TestTool on Aqua issue 82427, issue 81645

[15:40] <IZBot> utilities DEFECT NEW P3 testtool: AQUA: declare.bas is not useable http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi? id=81645

[15:41] <ericb2> jsi_sun: is it the reason why we have a red cell with the smoketestdoc ?

[15:41] <jsi_sun> ericb2: I have a green cell

[15:41] <ericb2> jsi_sun: mine is red for Base Open

[15:41] * hdu_hh hasn't seen the red cell for BaseOpen anywhere around here :-/

[15:41] <jsi_sun> jsi_sun: I get only a warning that there is a slot executing but tbo said that is known...

[15:42] * jsi_sun too

[15:42] * ericb2 thinks either issue 82329 is a serious issue or is not an issue

[15:42] * PhilippL wishes he had the blue cell ...

[15:42] <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW P2 Instant crashes with m231 + aquavcl03 on PowerPC http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/ show_bug.cgi?id=82329

[15:42] * paveljanik has quit ("Leaving")

[15:43] <jsi_sun> ericb2: issue 82427 (come on IZbot)

[15:43] <IZBot> tools DEFECT NEW P2 Mac OS X (Aqua): Drawing function does not draw anything http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/


[15:43] <ericb2> hdu_hh: btw, when i try to draw with the draw toolbar in writer, nothing is drawn ?

[15:44] <PhilippL> ericb2: cannot confirm, at least the rectangle just worked.

[15:44] <ericb2> hdu_hh: occurs only in writer

[15:44] <ericb2> PhilippL: try the smiley

[15:44] <PhilippL> ericb2: confirm

[15:45] <PhilippL> ericb2: but this has the reek of a not mac specific problem.

[15:45] <ericb2> PhilippL: more precisely, some work, some not

[15:46] <ericb2> PhilippL: the issue is known ?

[15:46] <PhilippL> ericb2: not to me, but if drawing in general works, that is not mac specific.

[15:46] <PhilippL> ericb2: seems to be the autoshapes in general

[15:49] <PhilippL> ericb2: yes, sj says it's a known problem in 231.

[15:49] <ericb2> PhilippL: ok, then this is not aqua specific

[15:49] * ericb2 proposes, to fix the following issues in aquavcl04 :

[15:49] <ericb2> 81645, 82427, 82351, 78845, 82284, 77549, 82264, 82228 (fixed) , 81024, 82266, 77566 (fixed)

[15:49] <ericb2> + some other little to come

[15:50] <ericb2> and dedicate cws for :

[15:50] <ericb2> native printing, DnD , Cocoa controls

[15:51] <ericb2> and start with 81645 and 82427 in priority

[15:51] <ericb2> to have a working TT

[15:52] <rbircher> PhilippL, I have the same problem in m228

[15:53] <PhilippL> rbircher: interesting. However the problem does not seem to occur in the OOo 2.3 release, so probably was broken recently.

[15:54] <PhilippL> next point ?

[15:54] <ericb2> PhilippL: ok for the list of issues ?

[15:55] <rbircher> PhilippL, No, in the release 2.3.0 all works fine but m228 is after release

[15:55] * mikesic (n=mikesic@adsl-70-242-31-206.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:55] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to mikesic

[15:55] <PhilippL> rbircher: exactly

[15:56] <rbircher> PhilippL, If you have the issue number I will write a comment

[15:57] <PhilippL> rbircher: sorry, don't have an issue number just talked to the developer.

[15:57] <ericb2> aquavcl04 is created. Please wait for m233 before to commit anything

[15:58] * divoe has quit ("Leaving")

[15:59] <ericb2> rbircher: the most simple: check on Planet for the last 2 or 3 days. I'm unsure, but probably the issue is inside

[16:00] <ericb2> Next point ?

[16:00] <ericb2> 4. Filename extensions *.cxx vs. *.mm consensus?

[16:00] <rbircher> ah ok, thenks ericb2

[16:01] <PhilippL> planet seems to be rather down ATM

[16:02] <PhilippL> mikesic and I agreed (I think) that the objective-c implementations should move to a new (.mm) file.

[16:02] * ericb2 see Michael Sicotte and PhilippL proposed a very intersting solution

[16:02] <ericb2> PhilippL: yes, seems to be a good idea

[16:03] <mikesic> PhilippL: yes, I agree

[16:03] * ericb2 has important questions in Misc .. please don't go

[16:04] <PhilippL> then I will do so as first thing in aquavcl04. This has the added advantage that we don't lose the history.

[16:04] <ericb2> PhilippL: indeed

[16:04] <PhilippL> next point ?

[16:05] <ericb2> 5. Frequency of chat meetings. Weekly, biweekly, other ideas? ...

[16:05] <ericb2> + Misc after

[16:06] * ericb2 votes for continue weekly IRC meetings

[16:06] <mikesic> +1

[16:07] <PhilippL> any preferences for a change in meeting time ?

[16:07] <PhilippL> or should we stay as is ?

[16:07] <mav_eric> hmm. I don't know. For me it's not a question of the day nor if weekly or not

[16:07] <mav_eric> it's more a question when the meeting starts :-)

[16:07] <mav_eric> as long as I'm unemployed 3 pm is fine but once I have work 6 or even 7 would be better suit

[16:07] <ericb2> PhilippL: fine for me ( I'm very busy every week before wednesday afternoon )

[16:08] <PhilippL> mav_eric: funny, for me it's the other way around :-)

[16:08] <mav_eric> PhilippL:  :-) I guess we'll never find the perfect meeting time for all of us

[16:08] <PhilippL> certainly. I salute mikesic for getting up so early !

[16:09] * cloph_away is now known as cloph

[16:09] <PhilippL> just for this meeting I mean.

[16:09] <mav_eric> PhilippL: It's just that I had two job interviews where I could work with teenagers and they prefer worktime in the evening after school

[16:09] <mikesic> PhilippL: ;)

[16:10] <ericb2> can we conclude the point : no change ?

[16:10] <mikesic> +1

[16:10] <PhilippL> +1

[16:11] <mav_eric> +1 it's the best compromise for now

[16:11] <ericb2> +1

[16:11] <hdu_hh> +1

[16:11] <PhilippL> mav_eric: good luck for the job search.

[16:11] <ericb2> mav_eric: we cross the fingers for you ;-)

[16:12] <PhilippL> ericb2: so what's the urgent question ?

[16:12] <ericb2> PhilippL: I have several

[16:12] <ericb2> the firsrt one: it's time to provide a new development snapshot

[16:13] <ericb2> ok or not ok ?

[16:13] <mav_eric> ok - just let us do some basic qa before releasing it

[16:13] <PhilippL> yes, with m233 I think

[16:13] <ericb2> PhilippL: yes m233, or m229

[16:14] <ericb2> PhilippL: but some crashes are inside

[16:14] <mav_eric> i would favour m233

[16:14] <ericb2> mav_eric: me too

[16:14] <mav_eric> m229 wasn't bad but not that good either

[16:14] <ericb2> mav_eric: just wait and see how m233 does build

[16:15] <mav_eric> ericb2: I'm waiting for it to be ready :-) When it's ready I checkout and do a test build

[16:15] <ericb2> Other info :

[16:15] <ericb2> Mac port will be present at Apple Live Expo Cologne

[16:15] <ericb2> See: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DE:MacliveExpo2007

[16:16] <ericb2> At Apple Expo Paris , OpenOffice.org won the MacGeneration Trophy 2007, for the best OpenSource Software ( mainly for all the progress the mac port did )

[16:16] <ericb2> http://eric.bachard.free.fr/news/2007/09/we-won-macgeneration-trophy-2007.html

[16:16] <ericb2> Last point: let's organize 3rd Mac porters meeting ? ( Hamburg ? )

[16:16] <mav_eric> we need some volunteers for the booth

[16:17] <hdu_hh> congratulations for all contributors!

[16:17] <ericb2> hdu_hh: and for you and PhilippL ;-)

[16:18] <PhilippL> When would the meeting be ?

[16:18] <ericb2> PhilippL: mid or end november. That's the date I discussed with ssa

[16:19] <rbircher> ericb2, We have a lot of thermins in November

[16:19] <hdu_hh> PhilippL tries to contact ssa

[16:20] <PhilippL> ssa says we could meet here in the Sun rooms if we want to.

[16:20] <ericb2> PhilippL: great :)

[16:21] <PhilippL> although this area of the city is rather dead on weekends, so everybody should prepare for ordering pizza :-)

[16:21] * mav_eric would be glad to finally make it to a mac porters meeting

[16:21] <ericb2> PhilippL: noticed ;-)

[16:21] <mav_eric> PhilippL: matches the clich very well.

[16:21] <ericb2> PhilippL: I'll start to work for the agenda, and present it next week

[16:21] <mav_eric> Pizza, dark neon lightened rooms, computer monitors every were

[16:22] <ericb2> Last news :

[16:22] <PhilippL> mav_eric: we change, we have some flat screens now :-)

[16:22] * ericb2 starts with english courses tomorrow ^^

[16:23] * ericb2 remembers the coffee machine, and the Funny posters in the corridors

[16:23] <ericb2> on the walls, the posters :)

[16:23] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: we cann also walk to LaufAuf for a meal not far away and goof

[16:23] <jsi_sun> good

[16:24] <PhilippL> jsi_sun: yes, and MacDonalds there, too :-)

16:24] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: kotz

[16:24] <ericb2> PhilippL: last year, there was a fest I remember

[16:24] <hdu_hh> jsi_sun: we are a family oriented chat here ;-)

[16:25] <jsi_sun> ericb2: Dom ?

[16:25] <ericb2> PhilippL: with fires in the sky and so on ..

[16:25] <ericb2> jsi_sun: not sure, but maybe

[16:25] <jsi_sun> ericb2: Alstervergnuegen oder Dom

[16:25] <PhilippL> probably Dom.

[16:25] <PhilippL> No, no Alstervergnuegen in November.

[16:26] <ericb2> Other questions ?

[16:26] <PhilippL> however next Dom is 9.11. to 9.12.

[16:26] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: HEW ahhhh Vattenfall CyClassics would be great -> ericb's training for Tour de France (hihi)

[16:26] <ericb2> jsi_sun: he he :)

[16:27] <jsi_sun> ericb2: November is not _the_ month in HH

[16:27] <ericb2> jsi_sun: what other date could be a better choice ?

[16:27] <PhilippL> HH has importan months ? ;-)

[16:27] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: yes, summer time...

[16:28] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: there is a chance without rain ... some summers :-)

[16:28] <jsi_sun> ericb2: no it is okay... Dom is cool

[16:29] <ericb2> jsi_sun: this year, if people attend on friday, maybe we could start on friday ?

[16:29] <ericb2> jsi_sun: I'll probably arrive on friday afternoon or evening

[16:30] <jsi_sun> ericb2: it depends _when_ in November you will be here... as you know I will be at Cologne 17./18.11.

[16:30] <ericb2> jsi_sun: randomly, I thought to the week after

[16:31] * jsi_sun lives near Hamburg in a city with a nice castle if someone wants to enhance cultural knowledge <grin>

[16:31] <ericb2> jsi_sun: then the 24th -25th november could be the first proposed date

[16:32] <PhilippL> ... but which cannot be reasonably reached due to Mehdorn's guys :-)

[16:32] <jsi_sun> ericb2: ...ohhhh... my wife would kill me.... her birthday club will be here :-(

[16:32] <ericb2> jsi_sun: the next week end is the 1st 2sn of december

[16:32] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: ...I will stay at home office until end of week.... the "GDL vs. DB" fight is not mine... :-)

[16:33] <ericb2> jsi_sun: not after, because of chtristmas fests

[16:33] <jsi_sun> ericb2: I agree and it is not very important that I will attend the event...

[16:33] <PhilippL> christmas parties in software development should be in january.

[16:33] <jsi_sun> ericb2: the coders need to be together ;-)

[16:34] <jsi_sun> PhilippL: huaaah

[16:34] <PhilippL> :-)

[16:34] <ericb2> The log ot the meeting is available

[16:34] <ericb2> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Log_Mac_Meeting_October_10th_2007

Personal tools