Log Mac Meeting June 4th 2008
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs
Return to June Meetings
[2008-06-04 15:01:35] <PhilippL> 1. Welcome new devs joining Mac OS X port [2008-06-04 15:01:40] <PhilippL> anybody new ? [2008-06-04 15:03:09] <PhilippL> 2. Release 2.4.1 and issue 87538 [2008-06-04 15:03:15] <IZBot> framework DEFECT STARTED P2 X11 window and AppleEvent timeout on startup of OO 2.4.0 for OSX on Leopard - approved http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=87538 [2008-06-04 15:03:57] <PhilippL> rbircher: I think you set that on the agenda ? [2008-06-04 15:04:28] <rbircher> Yes, thats me [2008-06-04 15:05:20] <PhilippL> So any volunteers ? [2008-06-04 15:05:31] <rbircher> Wath we doing with it [2008-06-04 15:06:56] <PhilippL> AFAIK mh said a corresponding patch could be applied as masterpatch if someon would a) create the patch and b) someone else verify that it fixes the problem [2008-06-04 15:07:17] <PhilippL> currently still no one has cared enough to do step a) [2008-06-04 15:08:37] <rbircher> We will find one [2008-06-04 15:08:51] <PhilippL> Then it should not be a problem. [2008-06-04 15:10:21] <PhilippL> Anyone volunteers here ? [2008-06-04 15:12:00] <PhilippL> Then there is currently still no resolution. [2008-06-04 15:12:22] <PhilippL> Any opinions ? [2008-06-04 15:12:59] <obr> did anyone cc'ed mox on this issue ? [2008-06-04 15:13:59] <PhilippL> no, but I did now. [2008-06-04 15:14:35] * obr hopes he is interested [2008-06-04 15:14:53] <rbircher> I will ask cloph [2008-06-04 15:16:01] <obr> yes, that's another good candidate [2008-06-04 15:16:12] <PhilippL> good idea. As I said release engineering just needs a patch and someone who tested it, then it should be no problem. [2008-06-04 15:16:23] * obr never got used to Apple Script [2008-06-04 15:16:38] <PhilippL> next point ? [2008-06-04 15:16:59] <PhilippL> 3. Current state of the open CWS's [2008-06-04 15:17:02] <hdu_hh> CWS aquabmpfix01 is integrated [2008-06-04 15:17:04] <hdu_hh> CWS aquabmpfix02 is in development [2008-06-04 15:17:05] <hdu_hh> CWS aquavcl08 has some goodies too (for CJK languages) [2008-06-04 15:17:07] <hdu_hh> caveat: OOo>=DEV300_m15 is currently less stable on OSX10.4 [2008-06-04 15:17:14] <PhilippL> aquavcl07 is integrated [2008-06-04 15:17:45] <fne> work on aqua11y02 is in progress, should be ready for QA by the end of next week [2008-06-04 15:18:08] <PhilippL> aquavcl08 will be the version I'm taking to WWDC to show around current development, with aquabmpfix02 sync'ed in. [2008-06-04 15:18:26] <hdu_hh> good idea [2008-06-04 15:19:41] <PhilippL> 4. Roundtable [2008-06-04 15:20:03] <obr> did anybody else here ever experience issue 90338 ? [2008-06-04 15:20:13] <IZBot> Installation DEFECT NEW P3 SO/OOo Update not possible because of OOoSpotlightImporter http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=90338 [2008-06-04 15:21:22] <PhilippL> I didn't but I never tried to replace an installation in the same place (probably Applications in this case) [2008-06-04 15:22:25] <obr> The problem is: the only way I see to fix this is to switch to mac packages [2008-06-04 15:23:46] <obr> or to re-introduce the version in the bundle name [2008-06-04 15:32:45] <PhilippL> ok that seems to be all for today ? [2008-06-04 15:35:02] -->| Dyrcona (email@example.com) has joined #ooo_macport [2008-06-04 15:36:23] |<-- Dyrcona has left freenode (Client Quit) [2008-06-04 15:36:24] <PhilippL> hdu_hh: will you please take over meeting next week ? I don't know if I will be able to attend. [2008-06-04 15:36:35] <hdu_hh> sure! [2008-06-04 15:37:09] <hdu_hh> PhilippL: will you join from SF to give us some live coverage? [2008-06-04 15:37:22] <PhilippL> If I can.