Documentation/OOoAuthors User Manual/Getting Started/Managing the Gallery
Managing the Gallery
The default themes are locked; no items can be added or deleted from these themes. The locked themes are easily recognizable by right-clicking on them; the only available option in the pop-up menu is Properties.
In a default installation, only the My themes theme is customizable, although new themes can be added as explained in Adding a new theme to the Gallery.
Adding objects to the Gallery
Method 1 (selecting a file):
- Right-click on the theme name in the list of themes and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Files tab, if necessary.
- Click Add.
- Select a file and click Open. The image is added to the theme.
Method 2 (drag and drop):
- Open the document containing an image you want to add to the Gallery, and display the Gallery theme to which you want to add it.
- Position the mouse pointer above the image, without clicking.
- If the mouse pointer changes to a hand symbol, the image refers to a hyperlink. In this case, press the Alt key while you click the image, to select it without executing the respective link. If the mouse pointer does not change to a hand symbol, you can simply click the image to select it.
- Once the image is selected, evident from the green selection handles around it, release the mouse button. Click again on the image, keeping the mouse button pressed for more than two seconds. Without releasing the mouse button, drag the image into the document.
- Release the mouse button.
Deleting objects from the Gallery
To delete an object from a theme:
- Right-click on the name of the graphics file or its thumbnail in the Gallery.
- Click Delete on the pop-up menu. A message appears, asking if you want to delete this object. Click Yes.
|Deleting the name of a file from the list in the Gallery does not delete the file from the hard disk or other location.|
Adding a new theme to the Gallery
- Click the New Theme button above the list of themes (see Figure 1).
- Click the General tab and type a name for the new theme.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click Find Files. The Select Path dialog opens (Figure 4). Browse to the folder that contains the image files for the new theme and click OK.
- Back on the Files tab, either click on Add All to install all of the files in the selected folder, or use File Type and/or select one or more files from the displayed list, and click on Add to install a selection of files to the new theme.
- Click OK when finished.
|The files do not show in the large box under the File Type box; and under the General tab, the Contents will display as “0 Objects," but the chosen files will be inserted into the new theme. Remember, you can always add or delete image files later.|
Deleting a theme from the Gallery
To delete a theme from the Gallery:
- Go to Tools > Gallery.
- In the left part of the Gallery, select in the list the theme you wish to delete.
- Right-click on the theme, then click Delete on the pop-up menu.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|