Starting new spreadsheets
A new spreadsheet can be opened regardless of which other component of OOo you are using at the time. For example, a new spreadsheet can be opened from Writer or Draw.
- From the menu bar—Click File and then select New > Spreadsheet.
- From the toolbar—Use the New Document button on the Standard toolbar. Click the drop-down arrow for a choice of what type of document to open (text document, spreadsheet, and so on). Click the button itself to create a new document of the type that is currently open (if a spreadsheet is open, a new spreadsheet document will be created).
- From the keyboard—If you already have a spreadsheet open, you can press Control+N to open a new spreadsheet.
Opening existing spreadsheets
A spreadsheet can also be opened no matter what component of OOo you are in.
- From the menu bar—Click File and then select Open.
- From the toolbar—Click the Open button on the Standard toolbar.
- From the keyboard—Use the key combination Control+O.
Each of these options displays the Open dialog, where you can locate the spreadsheet that you want to open.
Spreadsheets can be saved in three ways.
- From the menu bar—Click File and then select Save.
- From the toolbar—Click on the Save button on the Function bar.
- From the keyboard—Use the key combination Control+S.
If the spreadsheet has not been saved previously, then each of these actions will open the Save As dialog. Here you can specify the spreadsheet name and the location in which to save the spreadsheet.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|