Building on Solaris
This document describes building OpenOffice.org on Solaris.
- Solaris/x86: one or more reasonable fast CPUs, x-way CPU's recommended.
- Solaris/Sparc: UltraSparc III
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB free disk space
- if you don't have a lot of RAM (less than 4GB?) set TMPDIR to a directory that is not on tmpfs
- Solaris 10, OpenSolaris 2008.5 or higher, Solaris 11 Express
- C/C++ Compiler: SunStudio 8, SunStudio 10 - SunStudio 12, SunStudio Express, newer compilers will likely work but may require a little tweaking (but rumor has it that 12update1 breaks on some boost stuff)
- the new build system currently only supports SunStudio 12, so older versions won't work on current DEV300/OOO340.
Solaris 11 Express
This section describes building on version
Note that only DEV300_m106 or newer contains the necessary fixes in the OOo code.
You need to
pkg install at least the following additional packages:
- mercurial (to get at the source code)
The only dependencies that are not in the Solaris Express repository are the SunStudio compiler and the Perl module
To install the Perl module, use CPAN (i'm afraid you need to su to root to do this):
# PATH=/path/to/sunstudio/SUNWspro/bin:$PATH /usr/perl5/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'shell' cpan> install Archive::Zip cpan> exit
It is necessary to put SunStudio on the path, otherwise the build will break in stlport.
Also, set the
PATH=/path/to/sunstudio/SUNWspro/bin:$PATH ./configure CC=/path/to/sunstudio/SUNWspro/bin/cc CXX=/path/to/sunstudio/SUNWspro/bin/CC
--enable-werror should work with SunStudio 12.
If configure runs successfully, the build should work just like on other platforms.