The term "Bug" is commonly used to describe any sort of defect or misbehavior in a Software application. OpenOffice.org uses the term "Issue" in their tracking system because it also covers enhancements and new features. In IssueTracker your have to select the issue-type defect if you want to refer a Bug.
Wikipedia entry for Software Bug : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug
How to submit a bug
The information about submitting a bug or any other type of issue can be found on the QA-page of OpenOffice.org.
Detailed information can be found at :
- Issue Writing Guidelines : http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/bug_writing_guidelines.html
- General rules to submit an Issue : http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/basic_rules.html
- Work-flow of an Issue : http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/Docs/QA-Reloaded-IssueHandlingOverview.html
- Search mask for IssueTracker : http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/query.cgi
- Submission of an Issue : http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/pre_submission.html