Application Help Development To Do
This list of to-dos gives some ideas where in the Application Help your contribution may be needed most.
Writing new guides
The documentation project and application help offer users the means to get an understanding of using OpenOffice.org. The following list applies to both aspects of the project. So you can help with guides, HOW-TOs, Template development and making Application Help better.
For creating manuals, guides et cetera, use the appropriate templates for preparing publishable documents.
- See documentation main page for a general view of the various resources.
- See specification page for information on new and changed features in the various modules that make up OpenOffice.org
- Guides for Calc DataPilot
- Improving Calc function references (a big thank you to David King for his help, see issue 71289)
- Guides for new Chart Module (a big thank you to Regina for her updated files, see issue 60360)
- Guides for Base Connectivity (all platforms): ODBC, JDBC, MySQL, Access
- Guides for using form controls to create form documents
- Guides for Writer Envelopes, Labels, Business Cards
- Guide for all types of text boxes, see 45152 what happens after HTML or PDF export?
- Guides for Writer Mail Merge
- Guides for Writer Numbering/Bullets
- Guides for XForms documents
- Guides for Impress Slides & Master slides
- Guides for Impress Effects
- Meta guides for Submitting OLH issues
- Meta guides for Fixing OLH issues
- Meta guides for Delivering OLH as Extensions
- Help with restructuring of Application Help for OOo 3, see issue 52158
- Work with different stakeholders to publish the Application Help pages on the Web, making them bookmarkable and googleable
- Guide for Regular Expression Searches
- Guide for Mail Merge
- New Start page for Tools-Options (see also 54487)
- Troubleshooting Information
- Introductory table guides for Writer, Calc and Base
and much more...
Improving existing guides
All guides of all modules should get navigation links to easily click through to the next/previous/parent page. You can submit an idea how to define a consecutive order for the existing guides.
As a developer with good programming skills and much energy and time, you can help to improve the Help in many ways. For example, we would like to improve the Help Viewer to fully support the Gecko rendering engine.
Standardisation of Help source files
Some help sources and related files need to be brought fully in line with the current specifications. See Help: Standardisation issues.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Public Documentation License (PDL).|