3rd Mac porters meeting
Friday 16th May 2008 and Saturday 17th May 2008. You have until Wednesday 16th April 2008 to object to that date: 
2 days in the end of April or first half of May. At least 10 days notice is required prior to the date being set for our VIP.
Use Meet-o-matic to find the best date.
The following dates are not possible (chronological order):
Sun's Hamburg Offices Nagelsweg 55, 20097 Hamburg 
How to get there?
The 3rd Mac porters meeting will be held at the Sun office in Hamburg. A german description to get there can be found here: 
This is a meetup of all the main Mac port developers in Sun's Hamburg offices. With the help of someone very knowledgeable on developing Mac OS X applications, in particular porting from Carbon to Cocoa.
Where to stay
These examples are from http://wiki.mozilla.org/Calendar:Hamburg_2008_-_F2F_Meeting
- Junges Hotel
- Hanse Clipper Haus Boardinghouse nice location
- Wedina nice location
- SAS Radisson (Favorite, good public transportation)
- Dorint Novotel Hamburg Alster
Please add to the list anyone who is looking to attend.
- Apple VIP
- Shaun McDonald (Depends on work)
- Florian Heckl (if we find a more suitable weekend or via video conference)
- Stephan Schaefer
- Philipp Lohmann
- Herbert Duerr
What to Fix
This is a list of things that need to be fixed. Links to issues are useful. As many "stuck" or no Apple developer documentation things as possible. You may well want to take a look at Mac_OS_X_Porting_-_Roadmap for ideas
Suggestion: add your name between [ ]if you want to manage, or participate to some topic in particular.
e.g. preparing links, documentation entries, design for the concerned code .. and so on
- Compile on Intel for PPC (if time UB) [ ]
- Proxy icon in the title bar [ ]
- Use of the apple remote, especially for presentations 
- Printing to PDF to keep links in the same way as iWork does it. 
- Translating the native dialogs to the Community supported languages (that Apple doesn't support).
- Compiling on Leopard to run on Tiger. Note: QuickLook plugin ( from quicklookplugin01 cws) builds on tiger 
- Import/Export of iWork documents 
- Signing OpenOffice.org .app bundle.
- Localize the voice for accessibility features ? (only english available for Voice Over at the moment)
- Implement the native Color Picker
The future of Mac OS X port
Implement Mac OS X Canvas, using Core Graphics
Context: Cairo does use Carbon, and the future of Carbon is compromised with the next coming version of Mac OS X. Second, there is a work in progress to implement a new layout, and get rid of current layout thing in vcl. The name of the cws to be analyzed is layoutdialogs, and is based on DEV300 Master work space.
Todo: marry the new layout engine and implement the missing canvas, to obtain a real rendering on Mac OS X.
Work in Progress: Thorsten Behrens proposed an application on Education Project Effort page: Write a new Canvas
Expected result: antialiasing and OpenGL transitions become available