This is a good place to leave me a note. :-) --TJ 23:48, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
(This is to remind myself to fix the cache description, WIGATI.)--TJ 20:05, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
User Sancho doesn't discuss anything. In English, differences between pages: http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php%3Ftitle%3DRU%252Frules_and_information_policy%26diff%3D169023%26oldid%3D169013&prev=_t
Sancho does not discuss anything, but writes the rules that always repeat "forbidden", "you must or else the page you create will be deleted", "do not", "never" and so on. We change it to "it is recommended", "it is better", "page is going to be edited" and so on.
User Sancho doesn't reply neither in its personal discussion page, nor in the the article's talk and ignores all messages.
What shall we do in this case?
- Just what you did do: bring the matter to the attention of a sysop (administrator). Edit warring is a serious offense, and may lead to blocks. I will be posting a lecture on Sancho's Talk page. Meanwhile, please follow one simple rule: do not undo anyone's edits but your own, without discussing the matter on the associated Talk page. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 22:01, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
Here are more articles Sancho refusing to discuss (so far):
- http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Talk:RU/Documentation/FAQ/General --Fyva 05:34, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
thanks from elcico
Dear TJ thank you for your welcome and for your suggestion. I've changed my mail address, now it should be ok! Thanks again! elcico :)
P.S. Hope this is the right place to reply... just delete after you read! :)
- You're quite welcome. Why ever should I delete a nice thank-you note? --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 22:34, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
Keyboard shortcuts, special characters
Hi TJ, While tripping through the FAQs in search of anyplace I can help, I have found your useful answer (FAQ-Writer-Formatting Text) about how to insert special characters using macros to create keyboard shortcuts. As an alternative, I thought of adding the Windows shortcuts such as I use in Word at work to create a pounds sterling sign (i.e. Alt+0163), but I can't get those combinations to work in Writer. I'm on my laptop at home and am not sure if the Alt-key alternative just does not work in OpenOffice, or if the phenomenon is due to my using a laptop keyboard without the extra number keypad. In the hopes that no question is a dumb question... I ask... do the Alt-key combinations for special characters work in OOo?
- Hi, Lisa, Yes; with my keyboard (with full numeric keypad) they work fine. I use Alt+0151 for em-dash regularly. There may be a num-lock or Fn special key that you need to simulate the numeric keypad; check your laptop's documentation. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 16:34, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Re: Editing templates
Sorry about the inconvenience. I rarely edit templates on Wikis, being mindful that such edits can have far-reaching effects. FYI, I didn't notice any slowdown: This Wiki has far fewer articles and users than the English Wikipedia. — User8192T @ 17:46, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Do you know another solution?
Thanks Adailton 13:04, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- right, then it stay uncategorized. Adailton 13:58, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Documentation/FAQ/General/What are the differences between StarOffice (old versions) and OpenOffice.org? deleted, obsolete FAQ - replaced by a newer version of same information? should be a fusion of historical record of keeping the original creator of the page. what is the new version? and Documentation/FAQ/General/QA 0002? Thanks Adailton 13:43, 15 January 2012 (UTC)