From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 09:23, 7 July 2010 by TJFrazier
Why %my ?
I tested your revisions to the math template (%mu -> %my, etc.) and they don't work, so I undid them.
I would very much like to know why you thought they did work.
- I don't know if it's maybe just in the German 3.2.1 Release, but here %MU, %mu, etc do not work, only %my, %MY .
- Hi, Spellbreaker,
- Thank you very much for bringing this to somebody's attention. I will check this out with some of our German-speaking contributors, and let you know what I find.
- Thanks. I wonder if a Expression I create using %my will be rendered correctly in the english version of ooo.
- I just saw, that there's also a symbol-set called "Spezial" (special) in ooo. There are symbols like "%und" ( and ) "%oder" (or) ... Shouldn't they be all in english language to stay portable between different Language Versions of OpenOffice? Because %und and %oder will not be recognized in ooo.org english language version?
- Good questions; the answers are almost certainly bad. I have confirmation from another contributor on dev-doc that the German version is indeed different. As for me, "Ich bin Ausländer und spreche nicht gut Deutsch." The best I can do is to bring this to the attention of the translators, and I'm working on that. It's vacation season, so it may take a week or two. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 09:23, 7 July 2010 (UTC)