Latest information: Moving Day
Please expect temporary outages.
See Moving Day for the latest news.
magic FULLPAGENAME User:TJFrazier
bad magic fullurl https://wiki.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=User:TJFrazier&action=edit
more magic localurl /w/index.php?title=User:TJFrazier&action=edit
possible fix $wgServer https://wiki.openoffice.org
I'm writing these messages, doing anything necessary inside the wiki, and working closely with those doing the external work (dumping, loading, re-addressing). The best place for questions is on the Talk page of Moving Day so everybody can see it, but feel free to contact me at the ooo-dev -at- incubator.apache.org ML, or directly (if the wiki is up).
- Residence: Melbourne, Florida, USA.
- Background: Retired systems programmer (40 years, Control Data, KRONOS o/s). Professional nit-picker :-)
- Goal: become a developer (when I get broadband, Ubuntu, external hard disk, C++ textbook, . . . )
- TJ 05:38, 29 January 2009 (UTC) Broadband scheduled Feb 2! Ubuntu to follow . . .
- TJ 20:09, 18 February 2009 (UTC) Broadband is wonderful. Now examining Basic run-time source, for documentation purposes.
- TJ 02:09, 31 July 2009 (UTC) Halfway thru big thick C++ book.
- Current OO.o activities: proof-reading and light copy-editing, mostly on Basic Guide and DevGuide Basic-related pages. I also file a lot of minor issues (if it's there, it's supposed to work, right?)
- Promoted to sysop, doing my homework re new accounts and wiki databases. 02:09, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
- Promoted to bureaucrat in preparation for the move to Apache. 11:42, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Apache committer and PPMC member (tj -at-), 31 October 2011.
dev, dev-web, dev-doc,ODFAuthors; ooo-dev, ooo-issues, infra at Apache.
Basic code for wikification
Basic code (now available as an extension) which may be useful for processing MediaWiki Export Filter output can be found on this subpage: User:TJFrazier/WikiBasic. Please report any problems or suggestions to me, on any of the above lists, or on a Talk page, or directly.
Preliminary design specs for an extension to provide this WordPerfect-like feature are on User:TJFrazier/Reveal Codes. Feedback welcome.
Toggle Case between Upper and Lower
04:05, 1 January 2012 (UTC) I've long had a macro to do this, but it had a problem when the target character was the first character of a portion (e.g., an italicized word). Now that I've fixed it, the source is available at User:TJFrazier/ToggleCaseUL. This is the raw version, with debugging notes commented out, but left in. It runs.
Notice that the same problem exists in the Writer GUI interface. Try changing the first character(s) of a portion (formatted word, e.g.) by hand, without losing the formatting. Most of the obvious solutions don't work; the way I did it through the API also works with the GUI.