From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 12:21, 6 March 2007 by Kr
- Mail: mailto:Kay.Ramme@sun.com
- Full name is Kay Ramme
- UDK Project Lead of OOo
- Located in Hamburg
- Employed by Sun Microsystems
- User_talk:Kr/Parameterized Headers
- User_talk:Kr/UNO References
- User:Kr/Software Continuum
- User:Kr/On Modularization
- My Linux Desktop Architects Meeting II presentation slides: Media:DAM2-OOo_1_1.odp
- My OOo Conf 2006 presentation slides: Media:OOoConf_2006_Cleaning_Up_Multi-Threading.odp
- A short presentation prepared for the OOo BOF at EuroOSCON2006: Media:EuroOSCON2006-OOo_Architecture.odp
- Effort/Revise OOo Multi-Threading
- cppu - remove the cppu::ClearableEnvGuard - done
- verify that cppu::Shield is indeed needed and works as expected - done, it is needed!
- review documentation, place tests and testers
- rename Environment.pReserved -> pEnterable
- do threading tests - with component, with the office
- convert rest of office services to be thread unsafe - in progress
- convert dtrans to thread affine?
- Rename Threading Model impl to Threading Framework?
- See if I can optimize the "identity mapping" somehow.
- Possible order of integration
- done - SRC680_m191: some clean ups - krmisc
- done - SRC680_m196: Binary Uno identity mapping - bunoidmap - depends: krmisc
- in progress : Binary Uno extended threading model - bunoexttm - depends: bunoidmap
- open : VCL thread-transparency 1 - vclthreadtransparency1 - depends: bunoexttm
- fix thread-affinity
- open : Binary Uno new threading architecture - bunonewta - depends: bunoexttm
- done - SRC680_m195: async dialogs - asyncdialogs
- in progress : async dialogs 2 - asyncdialogs2 - depends: asyncdialogs
- open : VCL thread-transparency 2 - vclthreadtransparency2 - depends: asyncdialogs2, vclthreadtransparency1
- remove the solar mutex
- open : new OOo threading architecture - ooonewta - depends: bunoexttm, vclthreadtransparency2
- Move Uno stuff into the Uno Wiki. See Uno/Effort/Migrate Documentation.
- Update udk.openoffice.org to reflect latest wiki changes.
- Do a source code inventory:
- OOo Threading-Architecture specification
- Architecture/Proposal/Advanced Threading-Architecture
- COM - Processes, Threads and Apartments - "The key is to use multiple threads only if you are very sure of what you are doing." - http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms693344.aspx
- Designing and Building Parallel Programs - http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/dbpp/
- The Future of Programming - http://alarmingdevelopment.org/index.php?p=6
- Programming in the Age of Concurrency: Software Transactional Memory - http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=231495
- The Problem with Threads - http://www.computer.org/portal/site/computer/menuitem.5d61c1d591162e4b0ef1bd108bcd45f3/index.jsp?&pName=computer_level1_article&TheCat=1005&path=computer/homepage/0506&file=cover.xml&xsl=article.xsl
- Threads and memory model for C++ - http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/
- Why Threads Are A Bad Idea (for most purposes) - http://home.pacbell.net/ouster/threads.pdf
- Swing: How to Use Threads - http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/misc/threads.html
- A comment by Graham Hamilton on thread-safe toolkits - http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kgh/archive/2004/10/multithreaded_t.html
- An article on the future of CPUs, it comments on multi-threaded applications: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=663085&seqNum=6&rl=1
- An article showing ways of utilizing SMP on UNIX: http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=679545&rl=1
- Error Handling
- Is there way to include a list of recent changes on the Uno Wiki page?