From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 09:26, 4 September 2006 by Kr
Kay Rammes Page
- UDK Project Lead of OOo
- Located in Hamburg
- Employeed by Sun Microsystems
- Effort/Revise OOo Multi_Threading
- cppuhelper - get functions need to be called from correct purpose environment - done
- cppu - rename cppu::EnvAwareReference -> cppu::FreeReference - done
- cppu - rename MutexEnvironment dir -> UnsafeBridge dir - done
- cppu - rename ThreadEnvironment dir -> AffineBridge dir - done
- cppu - remove the cppu::ClearableEnvGuard
- see why impress crashes - done / fixed
- verify that cppu::Shield is indeed needed and works as expected
- rename Environment.pReserved -> pEnterable
- do threading tests - with component, with the office
- convert rest of office services to be thread unsafe - in progress
- convert dtrans to thread affine?
- Rename Threading Model impl to Threading Framework?
- See if I can optimize the "identity mapping" somehow.
- Possible order of integration
- some clean ups
- async dialogs
- thread framework (depends on clean ups)
- vcl thread transparency (depends on thread framework, async dialogs)
- revised uno threading architecture (depends on thread framework)
- revised ooo threading architecture (depends on thread framework, vcl thread transparency)
- Move Uno to stuff into the Uno Wiki.
- Update udk.openoffice.org to reflect latest wiki chanages.
- Threading Architecture
- Spec/Architecture/Advanced Threading
- Designing and Building Parallel Programs - http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/dbpp/
- The Future of Programming - http://alarmingdevelopment.org/index.php?p=6
- Programming in the Age of Concurrency: Software Transactional Memory - http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=231495
- The Problem with Threads - http://www.computer.org/portal/site/computer/menuitem.5d61c1d591162e4b0ef1bd108bcd45f3/index.jsp?&pName=computer_level1_article&TheCat=1005&path=computer/homepage/0506&file=cover.xml&xsl=article.xsl
- Threads and memory model for C++ - http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/c++mm/
- Why Threads Are A Bad Idea (for most purposes) - http://home.pacbell.net/ouster/threads.pdf
- Is there way to include a list of recent changes on the Uno Wiki page?