Templates online features
This site explains in short planned features for organizing and accessing templates online.
In a first step a template web site will be created, where template can be uploaded and downloaded. A link from the current 'Templates and Documents'-dialog in OpenOffice.org will point to that planned template web site.
In a future release these features will be offered from within the Office via a redesigned / new “Templates and Documents”-dialog (non-modal dialog) so that the user can interact with the web site content online directly from within the user interface.
List of features
- templates can be sorted into groups / categories
- search for templates
- short descriptions
- template versioning: templates get visible (marked) as updated ones on the site
- user feedback:
- users can comment the templates and also give feedback by email directly to the template-creator
- users can also vote the templates
- number of downloads is visible
- preview of thumbnails by mouse over the template thumbnail, so that the user can see the content of the template without the need to change the view..
- users can download a single selected template and also multi selected templates
- take over the meta data of the templates into the upload form
- download and upload should be possible on the template web site.. For upload authentication is needed
- link from Office to the template web site via implementing an URL with tip help text in the templates and documents dialog
- perhaps offer different views on the web site: At least per default tiled (vertical navigation). Perhaps a further kind of view to switch between;