From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Tasks needed now
- decide to use drupal 6, or 5.7: 5.x
- decide if UI is needed for submission: prefered is to just upload the template and take all data from the template meta data and account settings
- upload of several templates in one zip file
- decide how to recognize an existing template, and mark as updated; automated, or just manual update of selected template?: manual update of selected template
- make seperate drupal module
- disalow to refuse contact via e-mail (e-mail will be hidden via contact formular)
- enable different content types for the module, like extensions, templates, ....
- info about minimal OOo version needed: taken from mimetype of template
- info about language of template - taken from document character property; how to recognize same template across different languages?: not needed and not possible without an unique id inside the template
- counter: downloads per week are displayed; download total is recorded, but not shown; history per week is kept for one year, but currently not shown.
- generic tracking module for code like google analytics
- define categories like in OOo template manager
- for the Extras-team: Create a bullet-list as a 'How to' for the user under the category "Documentation" / 'get some tips before uploading templates'on the web site. As a task for a later release the Extras will work on tutorials.
- add navigation for traveling through the sites as described at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Templates_online_features in the mockups.
- support all OpenOffice.org application file formats, not only those for templates (st*).
- to be clarified: How do we handle further languages? Currently we only consider english, german and french. What about e.g. chinese?
- use openofice.org login
- migrate extension site to new modules
- migrate from extensions login to OOo login
- enable 'friends of user' to be able to name another account to do same task for submitted content
- use StarOffice Server for generating a screenshot of the template
- breadcrumb/top natigation path like in NetBeans wiki
Generate Previews of Templates
- (currently taken from template file)
- Use seperate server
- generate access code to deliver preview image back
- http request to server with template url to generate preview for
- convert to pdf, from there to png
- send image back as scp or http-post
- http request on template server to look for image and add to template
Connection to OpenOffice.org Template dialog
- Would rss/atom feed enough?
- Specify content of feed
State of the project
- decision towards drupal 5, because version 6 lacks still some modules
- 5.9 is installed
- evaluated to use OOo login: works with soap at tools.services.openoffice.org/soap/servlet/rpcrouter, iBISService, isAccountValid
- asked for webserver at osuosl 07.07.2008;
- http://templates.services.openoffice.org/ is in place
- site access restricted to user odie password garfield
- use your OOo login and password at the site
- taking meta data from template: Templates/website/submission
- provide module for uploading one template
- provide a new content module for drupal: template
- general configuration of drupal on webserver and installing drupal modules
- use http://drupal.org/project/lightbox2 (5.x-2.x-dev because of bug in stable release) for image preview; ability for showing all pages/slides of a template; no mouse over effect - better is to click on image for preview
- use http://drupal.org/project/i18n for translation;preposition: one template contains exactly one language; meta data provided is in the templates language
- use http://drupal.org/project/tagadelic for tags/cloud
- use http://drupal.org/project/fivestar for voting
- login to site only possible with OOo account credentials: own module
- configure menu/layout of drupal for the template site 95% done
- provide nice theming on the site 100% done
- STALED: Upload of a zip file containing several templates
- Handling and displaying of tags for other languages than 'en'
- TODO: generating of previews with StarOffice PDF converter
- TODO: enable virus checking
- TODO: enable caching
- TODO: send copy of comments to template owner
- TODO: enable update/delete of template
- TODO: enable and test cron.php
- TODO: setup internal 'emergency' page with access data/instruct key people
Tasks for later
- Implement an extended search.
- Add a feature like 'My templates': Organize and manage own templates online. Assemble you own favorite templates.