Talk:Wiki maintenance plan
The state wiki require some maintenance and an urgent upgrade. This page documents what needs to be done, and what should be done. There is a thread on dev (Wiki maintenance) where the decisions are made.
At the moment we have the following work list:
- Change LocalSettings.php to close for "create user" DONE
- Update UA- code for google-analyics DONE
- open for "create page" again DONE
- Check "nofollow" setting, to be sure it's on (True) DONE, added $wgNoFollowDomainExceptions and $wgNoFollowNsExceptions
- remove accounts older than a year WITHOUT any contributions DONE, removed 32527 accounts
- remove all accounts from the time of the spam period DONE, removed 65743 accounts
- testwiki.openoffice.org in DNS/ooo-wiki DONE, .htaccess is in place (wikitest/wikitest)
- testwiki, oooSkin is not working DONE
- testwiki, find new extensions: DONE
- extension FCKeditor is no longer supported and does not work (I am looking for a replacement)
- extension GoogleCoop does not work, and does not exist on mediawiki (thanks to Clayton I got a hint where to find it)
- extension LabeledSectionTransclusion does not offer a compat mode (needed due to DPL2 usage)
- extension MultiUpload no longer supported (there are no obvious replacement, I have to dig deeper)
- extension OOoIDLtags does not work (our own development, I need to change some core calls...wish I was a PHP specialist)
- extension PasswordReset no longer supported and does not work (not really needed so I will just remove it)
- extension StringFunctions no longer supported and are partly integrated in parserFunctions (We have to test that what we use is available)
- extension ToggleDisplay no longer supported, should be core functionality (we have to test that what we use is available)
- Convert all pages to UTF8 (mysql), DONE
- most pages are defined as latin1, but some have UTF8 content, this will not work after an update.
- The fix for this is to pass the tables manually through the conversion process using "binary" as an intermediary from Latin1 to UTF-8. Note though that this only "needs" to be done on tables that are incorrectly types as Latin1 but actually contain UTF-8 data. Not all tables in the OOoWiki dB have this issue.
UPDATE table_name SET col_name = CONVERT(CONVERT(CONVERT(col_name USING latin1) USING binary) USING utf8);
- Another way to do this (and possibly a more effective solution since it can be done during the MWiki upgrade) is:
mysqldump -h DB_HOST -u DB_USER -p DB_PASSWORD --opt --quote-names --skip-set-charset --default-character-set=latin1 DB_NAME > DB_NAME-dump.sql mysql -h DB_HOST -u DB_USER -p DB_PASSWORD --default-character-set=utf8 DB_NAME < DB_NAME-dump.sql
- Discuss on whether to add anti-spam measures for the currenct MW version. DONE
- Search for extension to prevent spammers create user DONE
- open for create user DONE
- this task caused concern, so it will be discussed again
- Decide on anti-spam measures for current MW version, install and set them, then open for create user.
- have people testing test DONE
- find solution to "math" extension DONE
- all changes are properly documented in SVN DONE
- Install CheckUser extension to fight spammers.
- Clean database, for "deleted" pages, unused files.
- repair "broken redirect", "double redirect", "non categorized pages"
- Copy production db, and upgrade it
- copy test to production.
- Assemble all files and inform community/infra about further action