Talk:Wiki maintenance plan
The state wiki require some maintenance and an urgent upgrade. This page documents what needs to be done, and what should be done. There is a thread on dev (Wiki maintenance) where the decisions are made.
At the moment we have the following work list:
- Change LocalSettings.php to close for "create user" DONE
- Update UA- code for google-analyics DONE
- open for "create page" again DONE
- Check "nofollow" setting, to be sure it's on (True) DONE, added $wgNoFollowDomainExceptions and $wgNoFollowNsExceptions
- remove accounts older than a year WITHOUT any contributions
- Scripts is being prepared, about 24.000 accounts out of 32.000 will be removed.
- remove all accounts from the time of the spam period
- Scripts are being prepared, but wait for a decision on the time period (see dev)
- create directory in SVN and save all new changes to files.
- open for create user
- Decide on anti-spam measures for current MW version, install and set them, then open for create user.
- Clean database, for "deleted" pages, unused files.
- repair "broken redirect", "double redirect", "non categorized pages"
- Convert all pages to UTF8 (mysql),
- most pages are defined as latin1, but some have UTF8 content, this will not work after an update.
- The fix for this is to pass the tables manually through the conversion process using "binary" as an intermediary from Latin1 to UTF-8. Note though that this only "needs" to be done on tables that are incorrectly types as Latin1 but actually contain UTF-8 data. Not all tables in the OOoWiki dB have this issue.
UPDATE table_name SET col_name = CONVERT(CONVERT(CONVERT(col_name USING latin1) USING binary) USING utf8);
- Another way to do this (and possibly a more effective solution since it can be done during the MWiki upgrade) is:
mysqldump -h DB_HOST -u DB_USER -p DB_PASSWORD --opt --quote-names --skip-set-charset --default-character-set=latin1 DB_NAME > DB_NAME-dump.sql mysql -h DB_HOST -u DB_USER -p DB_PASSWORD --default-character-set=utf8 DB_NAME < DB_NAME-dump.sql
- request (via JIRA) a new VM for test.openoffice.org
- test simple alias first
- make a test.wiki.openoffice.org, new db and new mediawiki version.
- upgrade test db.
- make all extensions work in test
- have people testing test
- Copy production db, and upgrade it
- copy test to production.