Talk:Wiki maintenance plan
The state wiki require some maintenance and an urgent upgrade. This page documents what needs to be done, and what should be done. There is a thread on dev (Wiki maintenance) where the decisions are made.
At the moment we have the following work list:
- Change LocalSettings.php to close for "create user" DONE
- Update UA- code for google-analyics DONE
- open for "create page" again DONE
- Check "nofollow" setting, to be sure it's on (True).
- remove accounts older than a year WITHOUT any contributions
Scripts is being prepared, about 24.000 accounts out of 32.000 will be removed.
- remove all accounts from the time of the spam period
Scripts are being prepared, but wait for a decision on the time period (see dev)
- create directory in SVN and save all new changes to files.
- open for create user
- Decide on anti-spam measures for current MW version, install and set them, then open for create user.
- Clean database, for "deleted" pages, unused files.
- repair "broken redirect", "double redirect", "non categorized pages"
- Convert all pages to UTF8 (mysql),
most pages are defined as latin1, but some have UTF8 content, this will not work after an update.
- request (via JIRA) a new VM for test.openoffice.org
test simple alias first
- make a test.wiki.openoffice.org, new db and new mediawiki version.
- upgrade test db.
- make all extensions work in test
- have people testing test
- Copy production db, and upgrade it
- copy test to production.