Talk:Wiki Contribution Guidelines
the table layout is looking good, but it also inflates the number of points. With the old layout, one could just skip over the less than 20 headers and skip the text body, if the point seemed to be obvious. The table more or less requires a full read. While this might be done with the current length (barely fitting one screen here), any addition might result in less people reading it. Less is more in this case, I guess ;)
--B michaelsen 12:09, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
P.S.: Personally I think the most important points are:
- Use categories
- use many wiki-links between your pages
- never redirect to the main-namespace from out of it
- keep drafts on your userpage
--B michaelsen 12:23, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
I think the rules page is very good - I also think the zen of oowiki was very good, as it was.
There is IMO a place for both.
- @both: maybe now it's a synthesis of Zen + Ruleset? How do you feel with it? -nino 13:15, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
- @Drew: I think there should be just one page that is easily found. Before the cleanup we are doing now, there where way to many different pages discussing contributing guidelines. That is confusing for a newcomer: He clicks on "edit" and will read one page, but it is very unlikely he will read two, after all he really just wants to write something down. That is why we need the important stuff on this one page. --B michaelsen 21:31, 22 March 2010 (UTC)