From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 04:55, 13 February 2006 by Dridgway
TCM (Test Case Management) is used for localization testing and result tracking. But for better acceptance TCM (the tool and the process) could be enhanced. This page could be used to collect wishes.
- TCM should be open source (L)GPL - so community could be more active in improving TCM.
- Decide if TCM designs the management software or the bundle of it with the testcases.
- The free license should apply to both components; LGPL could be a problem since it would probably allow linking the management software to proprietary testcases; the problems the community has now in accessing and modifying testcases risk not being solved unless the whole (TCM+testcases) is GPLed. But testcases are not source code, so the definition of linking must be interpreted somehow.
- community should have the ability to define new builds for testing
- option to hide outdated test cycles in test assignment and test result update
- implementation of test types (e.g. release test, feature test)
- It should be possible to localize the interface.
- There should be some more explanations.
test case maintenance
- It should be possible to assign testcases to more than one tester.
- Balance detail in the Operating Systems: we now have one Linux and five versions of Windows; we should have "Linux - RedHat/Fedora", "Linux - Debian/Ubuntu", "Linux - SUSE", "Linux - Mandriva", "Linux - Other"; then two read-only categories, Linux and Windows, could be created to quickly see assignments.
test result updates
- First-time testers need guidance with this; a My tests menu option would be better.