ReleaseStatus Minutes

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 14:30, 13 August 2007 by Thorstenziehm (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

On every Monday 3pm German time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html) there is a meeting (#oooreleases on irc.freenode.net) to review the status for the next releases.


2007-08-13

Participants: Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Mechtilde Stehmann, Volker Merschmann, Rene Engelhard, Frank Meies, Thorsten Ziehm

Release Status OOo 2.3

  • discussion about CTRL+Click on hyperlinks
    • we agreed (Pavel and Rene are against it) to let this handling in OOo 2.3
    • Pavel will discuss with marketing, if this change has to be announced more prominent
    • Frank Meis will send out a feature mail for this
    • The iTeam will discuss and rework the hyperlink handling in the other applications (in Calc and Impress hyperlinks are fields and cannot be edit anymore)
    • CTRL+Click work in all applications (only in editmode in Impress is doesn't have any functionality)
  • OOG680m1 will be ready today (hopefully)
    • Mechtilde found 80652 a crash in tools options in m1 => show stopper
    • if the fix comes quickly m1 will includes the fix for 80652, if the fix take longer m1 will be 'ready for use' and m2 will be done quickly with this fix
  • OOG680m2
    • if 80652 could be fixed in m1, the regular build of m2 should start on Friday 17th
  • Localization
    • Ivo will finalize CWS localisation21
    • the translation of Hungarian is missing
    • 6 other strings are missing also
  • OpenOffice.org 2.3 release status
    • currently 7 CWS are open with show stopper issues + 1 CWS with localization

2007-08-06

Participants: Martin Damboldt, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Stephan Schaefer, Mechtilde Stehmann, Fridrich Strba, Rüdiger Timm, Thorsten Ziehm

OOo 2.3 release status

  • we will use SRC680_m225 as basis for the OOG680 branch for releasing 2.3, we be done during this week,
  • Ivo will upload today the build for TCM testing, most of open issues are l10n related.
  • i80338 [OOo 2.3, oj] - openoffice base cannot connect to database with system-hsqldb is blocker for Debian versions -> under review by Ocke and Stephan
  • some discussion about http://tools.services.openoffice.org/EIS2/cws.ShowCWS?logon=true&Id=5547&Path=SRC680%2Fdxliberate01 which was requested by the German community for integration into 2.3, Martin deferred integregation to 2.4 because of new implementation close to code freeze. There was consensus that changes in the lower graphics layer need more time in the development code line to get broader review, so Pavel, Fridrich and Uwe strongly agreed on moving to 2.4 (P.S.: Thorsten think about to provide the new code as extension for 2.3, so that this new DirectXCanvas can be optinal used for 2.3).
  • heavy discussion on Word processor ENHANCEMENT NEW P3 hyperlinks in TOC don't work with simple click; only CTRL-click works. There was agreement on making links more easy editable. The majority of the particpants of the meeting were in favor to come with a consistent concept for all application and all senarios at once and not to introduce the change of the behavior on clicks incrementally. The strong advise is to revert the change of behavior for 2.3 and come with a reviewed concept for 2.4 or 3.0. Martin to follow up with Frank during this week.


2007-07-23

Participants: Joost Andrae, Martin Damboldt, Claudio Ferreira Filho, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Stephan Schaefer, Fridrich Strba, Rüdiger Timm

OOo 2.3 release status

  • the issue about integration of Brazilian Dictionaries is solved, Pavel is in contact with Claudio about this.
  • there are only two cws with target 2.4 ready, so that there will be no branch OOG680 this week. Since measuring demand is hard, we agreed it would be good if people tell about their demand when people cannot continue their work because their work is based on a not yet integrated CWS. This should happen on the releases@openoffice.org list.
  • we have still a very high number of CWS in status "New, Planned or "Ready for QA" on the 2.3 target -> 59 pcs. We will continue to review and re-target them.

2007-07-16

Participants: Joost Andrae, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Frank Peters, Stephan Schaefer, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba,

OOo 2.3 release status

  • there are two few cws with target 2.4 ready, so that there will be no branch OOG680 this week.
  • Oliver (obo) in charge of doing SRC680 RE duties.
  • call to reduce number of open issue with 2.3 dramatically until next week
  • frank will provide agenda for next weeks meeting to discuss on how to deal with helpcontent changes in the case we already have many strings for translation (need to discuss with Rafaella)

2007-07-09

Participants: Joost Andrae, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Thorsten Ziehm

OOo 2.3 release status

  • feature/UI freeze has been passed last Thursday
  • the amount of nominated cws and included code was so high, that it will be integrated into two milestones: m220, m221. m220 expected to be ready on Tuesday. As long as OOG680 has not been branched off nomination for QA is not longer possible on SRC680, nomination of cws will be done like on regular release code lines by Martin/Pavel.
  • mba23issues03 (include new xslt filter for media wiki export) will be accepted after feature freeze
  • t602import01 cjksp1 go onto a later target
  • navorder and os98 will get review until Tuesday afternoon, kso and mh to clarify the details.

2007-07-02

Participants: Joost Andrae, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Thorsten Ziehm

OOo 2.3 release status

  • number of UI/Feature freeze relevant cws is still pretty high, it is likely that not all of the cws can be integrated in just one milestone, so that possibly two integration cycles will be done, but the deadline July 5th for UI/Feature freezes stays the same. RE will prioritize UI/Features freeze relevant cws for integration.


2007-06-25

Participants: Joost Andrae, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Lübbers, Pavel Janik, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, (partly) Fridrich Strba

OOo 2.3 release status

  • number of UI/Feature freeze relevant cws is still pretty high
  • the Mac Team is working hard to get aquavcl01 integrated in time for 2.3 release, release 2.3 as "technical preview". MacOSX to become a primary development platform later this year. Hamburg RE will start doing builds in the next weeks.
  • Fridrich asked to get the new writerfilter module upstream to make development on cws more easy. Ruediger will follow up with him to do so.
  • Pavel reported a blocker issue 78284 for Linux x86-64. Kay Ramme is working on it. More developer are using 64bit based platforms as their primary platform so it is likely that we're going to do the next release including a x86-64 build.

Debian packages

beginning with SRC680_m217 Joost provides also Debian packages for the developer snapshots.

2007-06-18

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, (partly) Fridrich Strba, Thorsten Ziehm

OOo 2.3 release status

  • still 64 issues of type "enhancement/feature" are open three weeks before feature freeze.
  • Rafaella requested to move hcshared09 to target milestone 2.4, because through the integration of other help cws, new chart module and report designer the word count for strings for the translation would be to high.
  • Thorsten requested to wait with the begin of the next milestone until two issues (78343, ...) get fixed. These two issues blocks the automatic testing because of crashes. We will review this on Wednesday and decide then how to proceed.


2007-06-11

Participants: Rafaella Braconi, Bettina Haberer, Rene Engelhard, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, (partly) Fridrich Strba.

OOo 2.2.1 release status

no more open 2.2.1 issue we're ready to release on Tuesday


OOo 2.4 / 3.0 release plan

After some discussion we agreed on the release plan for OpenOffice.org 2.4 (OOoRelease24) and 3.0 (OOoRelease30) release.

2007-06-04

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Heiner Rechtien, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba.

2.2.1 release status

OOF680_m18 will be released as rc3. It contains 7773 freetype security bug (CVE-2007-2754). New estimated release date will be June 12th.

2007-05-14

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Lübbers, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba. Guests: Oliver Braun, Bernd Eilers, Christian Lohmeyer,

QA approvals and results of tinderbox builds

agreed documents: TinderboxAndEISStatus and RedTinderboxStatusInEIS. Summary: "Never approve red cws. If you do, make sure you have a good reason to do so".

2.2.1 issues

  • 74740: Notices not fully displayed during input (text invisible when editing notes) (cws notepaint)
  • 76565: crashes on close after running macro from Tools|AddOn menu, fix not that easy, recommendation from Dev is to use target 2.3
  • 77134: 680m210 does not notify about new version (not really a blocker for release, we can used uncompressed data on server for 2.2.1 release, to be fixed for 2.3, cws
  • 77316: String change in OOF680_m16 that was not reflected in strings merge round (cws l10n77316fix)

after the meeting

  • 77356: Autotext containing OLE object cannot be saved anymore, cws autotext02

next meeting Friday, 10am to discuss if we need another rc

2007-05-07

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Lübbers, Kai Sommerfeld, Rüdiger Timm, Fridrich Strba,

QA approvals and results of tinderbox builds

Christian Lohmeyer and Bernd Eilers did some enhancements for tinderboxes and EIS. We will request a more detailed status for next week. Oliver Braun (for Development) and Uwe Lübbers (for QA) so that we are able to come to a common ground.

2.2.1 issues

  • cws nativebroffice to be integrated for 2.2.1, official first public release of BrOffice.org will then be 2.2.1
  • some issues still not assign to a workspace, AI mh and pjanik to clarify their status until May 8th.
  • status of issue "framework DEFECT NEW Office won't shut down http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73550" assign to tml is unclear, Carsten D. will look into this.
  • approved issue "Word processor DEFECT NEW Not possible to open icinified MS objects in OO applications anymore http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=76410"
  • Pavel will review the list of to be integrated 2.2.1 issues if really all of them got approval of the team.
  • last build for 2.2.1 will be started Tuesday this week, this build will be announced as Release Candidate then.

freeafms

the cws freeafms should now be integrated into 2.3 code line (SRC680)

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_04

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_03

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_02

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_01

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_12

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_11

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_10

Personal tools