ReleaseStatus Minutes

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 17:53, 13 September 2009 by Mechtilde (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

The various functional groups of OpenOffice (QA, Development, User Exp., Documentation, Release Engineering, Marketing, Localization, etc.) are represented here. On every Monday 3pm German time (see here to convert to other time zones) this meeting will track the status of the upcoming releases.

The members of this meeting review critical issues and deliverables for the releases and agree on the appropriate handling of those issues. They coordinate the actual release schedule.


Contents

Agenda for next meeting

  • 3.2 time line
    • Branch off date: September 21st 2009
    • Meta-Issues: Issue 104695 for the Beta version and Issue 99999 for final
    • add your issue here
  • Review of issues for OOo 3.2.0 if any

Dependency list for 3.2 beta issues
Dependency list for 3.2 final issues
Issues with generic target 3.2

  • Problems with the public buildbots: Too much pending builds in the queue.
So how should the community's QARep can do the QA of CWS builds?
We need to look for a solution

2009-09-07

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Shinji Enoki, Olaf Felka, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Simon Wilper, Stefan Baltzer, Volker Merschmann, Kai Ahrens, Andreas Bartel

Discussion on 3.2.0 issues

  • Issue 103543 (Help Viewer, Contents page: Links don't show Help pages) has been accepted.

Other items

  • Volker has made a proposal for the timeline on releases@ooo, no decision yet:
    • 2009-09-21 Branch off date (UI and feature freeze)
    • 2009-end of September Alpha version, english only, langpacks would lack translation of new features
    • 2009-mid/end of November Beta version, similar to the former RC1
    • 2009-start/mid of December Final release of OOo 3.2
  • Ongoing discussion about the correct wording and point of time for a 3.2.0 beta version

Review of issues for OOo 3.2.0 if any

Dependency list for 3.2 beta issues
Dependency list for 3.2 final issues
Issues with generic target 3.2


RE duties this week

DEV300_m58 by Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-09-07 IRC log

2009-08-31

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Shinji Enoki, Olaf Felka, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Marcus Lange, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Joost Andrae, Martin Damboldt, Marc Neumann, Oliver Craemer, Simon Wilper, Stefan Baltzer, Volker Merschmann, Kai Ahrens, Andreas Bartel

Discussion on 2.4.3 stopper issues

  • no stopper issues have been raised for RC2 but there are issues regarding JRE6u16 on Win98. As the issue is more complex Martin Damboldt will communicate the outcome regarding JRE 1.6 vs. JRE 1.5 on the releases list.

Discussion on 3.2.0 issues

  • only three weeks left until branch date
  • Mechtilde asked when translation needs to be finished for 3.2. Regarding 3.2 Release map translation delivery is on October 16th.
  • a so called "Beta" will be provided as OOo-Dev build directly after the branch, naming will be discussed again

Other items

  • The 3.1.1 release is done.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m57 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-31 IRC log

2009-08-24

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Antreas Bartel, Rene Engelhard, Enoki, Olaf Felka, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Volker Merschmann, Marcus Lange, Uwe Luebbers, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • Mechtilde had problems to open the Extension Manager with Linux 64-bit (deb), but it would be also a false alarm.
  • Until now it looks good on Win, Linux 32-bit, Linux-64 bit (rpm), Mac OS X Intel, Solaris x86 and Solaris Sparc. Linux 64-bit (deb) needs a bit more time for testing as they weren't uploaded in the first run.

Discussion on 2.4.3 stopper issues

  • none

Discussion on 3.2.0 issues

  • none

Other items

  • Martin Hollmichel just reminded for the branch off day on September 21st.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m56 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
DEV300_m57 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-24 IRC log

2009-08-17

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Martin Damboldt, Rene Engelhard, Enoki, Olaf Felka, Sophie Gautier, Martin Hollmichel, Marcus Lange, Uwe Luebbers, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • issue 104146 has been accepted
  • It's planned to start RC2 on Tuesday evening, so it hopefully gets uploaded before the weekend.

Discussion on 2.4.3 stopper issues

  • CWS sb115 (new libxml2) has been accepted
  • issue 99672 has been accepted
  • issue 104277 has been accepted
  • issue 104263 was rejected, it is already fixed in 3.1.1 and there is no reason to fix this for 2.4.3, too
  • 2.4.3 release date needs to be shifted, new planned date is September, 01st

Discussion on 3.2.0 issues

  • issue 104271 Martin D. will ask the developer for a statement and update the issue

Other items

  • none

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

OOO310_m19 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
OOH680_m21 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
DEV300_m56 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-17 IRC log

2009-08-10

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Martin Damboldt, Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Martin Hollmichel, Marcus Lange, Uwe Luebbers, Sophie Gautier, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • From the agenda:
  • The next RC will include install sets for Linux x86-64 wJRE.

Discussion on 2.4.3 stopper issues

  • From the agenda:
  • 2.4.3 will contain the most current version of JRE

Discussion on 3.2.0 issues

  • From a mail on the dev@ooo, dev@l10n mailinglist: Sophie found files in CWS paw06 that needs to be translated and asked for a spec, as already suggested on the mailinglist she will ask the developer for more details.

Other items

  • none

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m55 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m19 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
OOH680_m21 by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-10 IRC log

2009-08-03

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Martin Damboldt, Pavel Janik, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Sophie Gautier, Uwe Luebbers, Marcus Lange, Martin Hollmichel

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • Stefan Baltzer mentioned issue 101899. This issue needs further evaluation

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m54 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)
DEV300_m55 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m17 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
OOO310_m18 by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-03 IRC log

2009-07-27

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Marc Neumann, Oliver Craemer, Uwe Luebbers, Martin Damboldt, Chris Cheney, Marcus Lange, Kai Ahrens, Pavel Janik

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • Martin proposed issue 103357 for which we received a patch by ayaninger. Henning Brinkmann will prepare a CWS for this patch. Target has been adjusted to 3.1.1
    • Build OOO310_m17 is in progress to be started

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

From the agenda:

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m54 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)
OOO310_m17 by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-27 IRC log

2009-07-20

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Marc Neumann, Oliver Craemer, Uwe Luebbers, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Martin Damboldt, David Tardon, Sophie Gautier, Thorsten Ziehm, Kai Ahrens, Makoto Takizawa

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • Martin Damboldt raised issue 102486. It has been accepted as a stopper.
    • Martin also informed about the integration of CWS aw074 which contained several stopper fixes.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

From the agenda:

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m53 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
DEV300_m54 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)
OOO310_m16 by Oliver Bolte (obo)
OOO310_m17 by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-20 IRC log

2009-07-13

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Oliver Craemer, Uwe Luebbers, Shinji Enoki, Pavel Janik, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Hristo Hristov, Martin Damboldt, Kai Ahrens, Andreas Bartels, Makoto Takizawa, Chris Cheney

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • Martin Damboldt proposed issue 103454. This issue has been accepted as a stopper.
    • René Engelhardt raised issue 103357 again. This issue has not been accepted because there's currently no development resource available to fix it for version 3.1.1.
    • Stefan Baltzer mentioned that issue 101420 needs to be tested before CWS mav53 can be integrated. A Linux build of CWS mav53 will be provided to qa-upload.services to have this issue verified by somebody who can reproduce the crash.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

From the agenda:

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m53 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
OOO310_m16 by Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-13 IRC log


2009-07-06

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Chris Cheney, Oliver Craemer, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Shinji Enoki, Pavel Janik, Andreas Bartels, Jens-Heiner Rechtien

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • René mentioned he had re-opened issue 102004. Issue has been closed. The follow-up issue will be about 'table in RTL context' regarding the file attached to Debian bug 528836
    • Discussion about platforms (Mac and Linux 64 bit) and languages to provide for l10n CWS builds is still open. There should be at least one platform having full builds to allow localization testing of the installer.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

From the agenda:

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m52 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m16 by Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-07-06 IRC log


2009-06-29

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Fridrich Strba, Martin Hollmichel, Marcus Lange, Marc Neumann, Chris Cheney, Oliver Craemer, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • CWS localization36 is ready for QA. Integration will start at the end of the week as soon as final feedback is available.
    • issue 98304 should be fixed. This needs to be clarified together with Rafaella because it needs to be clarified who owns Petr's issues first.
    • OOO310_m14 has been uploaded for distribution.
    • Localization CWS topics discussed
      • why not a tar.gz wich can be used under rpm and deb systems?
        • translations within the installer cannot be verified
      • Mac builds are missing also 64 bit builds for linux
        • capacity to create Mac builds is very low
        • for Linux 64 bit we need to define the number of languages to be built
      • why is it impossible to prepare only langpacks
        • in general it is possible but having full builds eases the usage for the testers

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

From the agenda:

  • regarding issue 102485 the responsible developer is just opening a CWS to fix the issue. Target 3.1.1 has been accepted for this issue.
  • issue 102378 has been accepted for 3.1.1. It will get integrated using CWS ooo311gsl05.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m51 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
DEV300_m52 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m15 by Kurt Zenker(kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-29 IRC log


2009-06-22

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Fridrich Strba, Kai Ahrens, Martin Hollmichel, Simon Wilper, Marcus Lange, Marc Neumann

Other items

  • 3.1.1 release
    • localization CWS is in progress. It's expected to be finished on Wednesday June 24th. Mechtilde asked it localizations will be provided as language packs. Martin answered that these builds will be provided as full installation sets
    • for the next OOO310 build the integration work will start by Tuesday 23rd.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • regarding issue 101513 Olaf Felka proposed to integrate a fix into 3.2 because it's not a low hanging fruit to get a fix until 3.1.1 release.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m51 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi) maybe not before the end of the week
DEV300_m52 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m14 by Oliver Bolte (obo) or by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-22 IRC log

2009-06-15

Participants: Marcus Lange, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Fridrich Strba, Pavel Janik, Kai Ahrens, Martin Hollmichel

Other items

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • Mechtilde added issue 101513 (migration of user settings). Olaf Felka got an action item to find out the development effort to get a fix in time.
  • Issue 64357 has been discussed. It has been fixed/verified for Solaris. A follow-up issue 101875 has been created but it's undefined if there is a fix for 3.1.1 because there are still open questions regarding other platforms.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m51 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi) maybe not before the end of the week
DEV300_m52 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO310_m14 build not planned for this week (due to low traffic on that codeline)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-15 IRC log

2009-06-08

Participants: Marcus Lange, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Chris Cheney, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Marc Neumann, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Uwe Luebbers, Fridrich Strba, Kai Ahrens, Rafaella Braconi

Other items

  • OOo 3.1.1 timeline
    • Martin Hollmichel proposed to add August 6th as desired date for OOo 3.1.1rc1
    • last OOo 3.1.1 CWS integration date to be planned one week before: July 30th
    • there are plans to nominate the already approved CWS for an intermediate milestone based on OOO310 this week
  • OOo 3.2.0 timeline
  • Possible OOo 2.4.3
    • A new milestone based on OOH680 is available. Martin asked if we plan to release this as 2.4.3. Joost mentioned that current disk space usage on the extended mirror network doesn't allow to have 3.1.0rc2 and a 2.4.3 release side by side. The 3.1.0 release is about one month old and it is probable that there are native language teams that want to release a localization based on 3.1.0. Martin mentioned that we need a week to think about it.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m50 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-08 IRC log

2009-05-25

Participants: Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Chris Cheney, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Marc Neumann, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Uwe Luebbers, Fridrich Strba, Andreas Bartel, Makoto Takizawa, Kai Ahrens

Other items

  • Martin added a 3.2 timeline to the release plan within OOo wiki
  • There is currently no fixed day scheduled for the start of OpenOffice.org 3.2 "l10n TCM testing"
  • Mechtilde asked to have more time for translation handover because having this schedule would lose one weekend. Martin Damboldt clarified the schedule together with some people involved and came back with a new date: Translation handover will be on Friday, 25th September 2009.
  • Ruediger Timm mentioned that next week will be on a public holiday in Germany and it would be fine to either skip the meeting or to move it to another day (Tuesday). Martin Damboldt proposed to skip it. There were no further objections after his proposal.

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

  • there were no 3.1.1 showstoppers to discuss within today's release status meeting

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m49 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-25 IRC log

2009-05-18

Participants: Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Chris Cheney, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Marc Neumann, Shinji Enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Uwe Luebbers, Pavel Janik, Fridrich Strba, Volker Merschmann, Andreas Bartel, Mathias Bauer

Other items

  • Mechtilde Stehmann asked about when the first 3.1.1 milestone is planned. Martin Damboldt is currently working on this topic.
  • Schedule for OpenOffice.org 3.2
    • 2009-09-28 translation handover
    • 2009-10 translation delivery deadline
    • No details about l10n CWS builds and l10n TCM testing for now

Discussion on 3.1.1 stopper issues

The issues have been accepted for 3.1.1

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1


RE duties this week

DEV300_m49 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-18 IRC log

2009-05-11

Participants: Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Marc Neumann, Makoto Takizawa, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Hristo Hristov, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Rafaella Braconi, Pavel Janik, Frank Peters, Stefan Weigel

Other items

  • 3.1.0 release
    • en-US,da,de,es,fr,gl,ja,it,pl,pt,sh,ru,sr,tr,vi,zh-cn,zh-tw have been uploaded so far. (Not all of them have been registered yet at Bouncer)


  • 3.2 time line [proposal has been delayed to next week's meeting]
  • 3.1.1 time line
    • L10N deadline planned on June 12th 2009 as translation delivery date.
    • planned release date on August 27th 2009

Discussion on stopper issues

Review of issues for OOo 3.1.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1.1

All issues mentioned above have been accepted as stoppers for 3.1.1 release and will get registered within the meta issue for 3.1.1.

RE duties this week

DEV300_m48 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-11 IRC log

2009-05-04

Participants: Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Sophie Gautier, Pavel Janik, Marc Neumann, Simon Wilper, Makoto Takizawa, enoki, Jens-Heiner Rechtien

Other items

  • 3.1.0 release
    • 3.1.0rc2 en-US files have been copied to ../stable/3.1.0/
    • 3.1.0rc2 Portuguese localization has been copied to ../localized/pt/3.1.0/
    • 3.1.0rc2 Spanish localization has approval but MD5SUMS are missing for the files from Pavel's builds
    • 3.1.0rc2 SDK files will follow after approval
    • Release announcement is planned for Thursday, May 7th at 11:00am (Hamburg time)
  • René asked about the location of ../stable. ftp.stardiv.de is not used anymore as mirror master. Files are provided to master mirrors via rsync (like GWDG)
  • Martin Hollmichel will step back as OpenOffice.org release manager and he will hand-over this role to Martin Damboldt
  • 3.1.1 release
    • Mechtilde asked for a 3.1.1 timeline; a release is to be planned for August 2009
    • Issue 74187 has been re-targeted for 3.2 release but Martin will check if we can integrate the fix for 3.1.1
    • Issue 97975 has been proposed to be fixed for 3.1.1
    • Issue 86443 has been proposed to be fixed for 3.1.1
    • Debian issue 472461 has been proposed to be fixed for 3.1.1 (Debian #472461 is Issue 97975)
    • l10n teams would like to have some fixes in 3.1.1, mostly for function names in Calc UI; fixes profided as .sdf files on IZ and not a complete retrieve from Pootle; this has been accepted
  • DEV300_m47 has been uploaded by Marcus Lange. Files are already visible on some mirrors.

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1


Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:

RE duties this week

DEV300_m48 by Vladimir Glazunov (vg)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-05-04 IRC log

2009-04-27

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Joost Andrae, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Sophie Gautier, Pavel Janik

Other items

  • OOO310_m11 to become release candidate 2
    • upload delayed due to technical problems during the signing process
    • upload will start soon
  • Martin would like to suggest a change for the 3.2 release schedule
    • He'd like to see the next release with a new DSCM
    • 3.2 codeline will be branched off in September
    • all features for 3.2 release should be integrated before this "branch off" date
    • there will be no more bugfixing phase after branch off anymore, we will fallover to showstopper modus then immediately doing on the branch then also the "usual" l10n work
    • the 3.2.1 release would be around February 2010
  • René mentioned some issues that he want's to get fixed issue 86443, Debian issue 472461 and issue 97975. Martin Hollmichel asked him to get them fixed for 3.1.1.
  • Martin added the 3.1.1 target to Issuetracker


Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1


Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:

RE duties this week

OOO310_m12 if needed by Oliver Bolte (obo)
DEV300_m47 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-04-27 IRC log

2009-04-20

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Joost Andrae, Marc Neumann, Olaf Felka, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Sophie Gautier

Other items

  • OOO310_m11 to become release candidate 2
    • one or two additional days needed for the remaining fixes

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1


Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:
    • Martin was a bit unsure about the current status of issue 100994
    • René asked about a xpdf security issue.

RE duties this week

OOO310_m11 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
DEV300_m47 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-04-20 IRC log

2009-04-06

Participants: Kai Ahrens, Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Mechtilde Stehmann, Rene Engelhard, Ruediger Timm, Stefan Baltzer, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann

Other items

  • The "OOo_3.1.0rc1_20090402_Solarisx86_install_wJRE_de.tar.gz" build was missing on the mirrors, in the meantime it was uploaded to the mirrors.
  • Several languagepacks are missing, these will be available with the next build.

Discussion on stopper issues

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:

RE duties this week

OOO310_m10 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
DEV300_m47 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-04-06 IRC log


2009-03-30

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Marc Neumann, Marcus Lange, Volker Merschmann, Stefan Baltzer, Ruediger Timm, Kai Ahrens, Martin Damboldt, Uwe Luebbers, Kai Ahrens, Pavel Janik, Oliver Craemer

Other items

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • Martin Damboldt mentioned issue 1000676. This crash needs to be fixed
    • Pavel Janik mentioned OpenSSL update. This will get updated with CWS tkr21
    • René Engelhard mentioned to ship a newer Python version. He was unsure if the current version contains security issues
    • Martin Damboldt mentioned issue 100373

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:
    • a discussion about a move of the release schedule came up. We decided to move this decision to next monday's meeting

RE duties this week

OOO310_m9 by Oliver Bolte (obo)
DEV300_m46 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-30 IRC log


2009-03-23

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Marc Neumann, Marcus Lange, Sophie Gautier, Volker Merschmann, Stefan Baltzer, Ruediger Timm, Kai Ahrens, Martin Damboldt, Uwe Luebbers, Martin Hollmichel, Gilles, Helge Delfs


Other items

  • Martin Hollmichel mentioned that we're not yet ready for a OpenOffice.org 3.1 release candidate
  • Martin asked Sophie if she's confident with the localization status and she answered it's OK. No issues were reported so far.
  • DEV300_m44 has been uploaded by Joost
  • Volker Merschmann asked for a Release Status Meeting on April 14th to be able to react on the planned release on April 15th

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:

RE duties this week

OOO310_m8 by Oliver Bolte (obo)
DEV300_m45 by Hans-Joachim Lankenau (hjs)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-23 IRC log


2009-03-16

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Marcus Lange, Sophie Gautier, Volker Merschmann, Stefan Baltzer, Ruediger Timm, Simon Wilper, Stefan Weigel, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Kai Ahrens, Martin Damboldt, Oliver Craemer, Uwe Luebbers, Martin Hollmichel

Other items

  • Martin asked to get a localization status of version OOO310_m5 which includes the latest localization until next Monday
  • Jens-Heiner will start OOO310_m6 after CWS smoketest21 has been integrated

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:
    • René asked to get CWS smoketest21 integrated into 3.1. Jens-Heiner will ask Kurt to get it cloned for 3.1 codeline.
    • René ased to get issue 100219 fixed for 3.1. Kai Ahrens mentioned his team is taking a deeper look at the issue.
    • Stefan Baltzer asked to get CWS fwk106 integrated (containing Mac performance issue fixes 100177 and 100172)
    • Marcus Lange raised issue 100227. Stefan Baltzer confirmed that thias issue might be a release blocker.
    • Sophie raised issue 100235

RE duties this week

OOO310_m6 by Jens-Heiner Rechtien (hr)
Vladimir Glazunov (vg)will do DEV300_m44

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or by Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-16 IRC log


2009-03-09

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Uwe Luebbers, Marcus Lange, Sophie Gautier, Ivo Hinkelmann, Volker Merschmann, Stefan Baltzer, Ruediger Timm, Simon Wilper, Stefan Weigel, Joerg Skottke

Other items

  • regarding 2.4.3 release we again discussed that we do not want to have releases in parallel. The timeline should be set after 3.1 release

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1

The following child workspaces have been discussed

    • CWS mav48 should be integrated into OOO310 codeline if there is no integration risk.
    • CWS cl12 should be integrated into OOO310 codeline if there is no integration risk
    • Martin Hollmichel should have a look at CWS os2port05 if it can be cloned into OOO310 codeline without any danger. Otherwise it should not be integrated into OOO310 codeline.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

  • discussed issues:
    • P1 issue 999511 status is still unclear.

RE duties this week

OOO310_m5 by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
Oliver Bolte (obo) will do DEV300

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-09 IRC log


2009-03-09

  • Problem with the localization CWS
The cws OOO310/localization35_OOO310 is still not integrated (2009-03-09)
It won't be integrated in OOO310_m5 but in OOO310_m6, which isn't scheduled
  • The cws OOO310/cl12 which should fix blocker issues is not yet integrated
  • Accepted Release Blocker
Issue 98990 unopkg won't install script extensions (missung: unopkg-desc) - Target 3.1
Issue 99511 MacOSX : build failure at instsetoo_native - No Target
Issue 99686 RPT: images not inserted into report - Target 3.1
Issue 100035 Crash closing document after using styles - Target 3.1
Issue 100040 macro migration fails for forms with non-ascii names - Target 3.1
Issue 100042 Linked sheets aren't updated after opening - Target 3.1 fixed while the meeting
Issue 100043 WW8: sub-points of list not in higher level after export - Target 3.1
Issue 100044 Testtool: Additional characters retrieved when reading content of listbox - Target 3.1
  • Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any
Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1
  • possible time line for a 2.4.3 release?


2009-03-02

Participants: Mechtilde Stehmann, Martin Hollmichel, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Pavel Janik, Sophie Gautier, Michael Stehmann, Stefan Baltzer

Other items

no discussion

Discussion on stopper issues

no discussion

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

  • The only discussion today was about CWS locatization35. Martin wanted first to see the first RC with the CWS integrated which should be around March, 12th. But from the past experience it seems better to have another snapshot build before the RC with the CWS. Then we can see if the quality is OK for a RC. Martin is planning with OOO310_m5 or m6 with localization35. The next build will be m4 which should be ready this week.

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

RE duties this week

OOO310_m4 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
DEV300_m43 by Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-02 IRC log


2009-02-23

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Marcus Lange, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Martin Damboldt, Jaqueline Rahemipour, Sophie Gautier, Kai Ahrens, Ivo Hinkelmann, Rafaella Braconi, Michael Stehmann, Volker Merschmann, Eike Rathke

Other items

  • Martin thinks we have all fixes for a 2.4.3 release together. Build can be done earliest in a week. Jaqueline asked if issue 97849 can be taken into consideration. Martin Hollmichel will ask Martin Damboldt to review that issue.
  • OOO310 m2 has been uploaded, waiting for bouncer links availability, should be available today late afternoon or in the evening

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • de, fr, it, nl, en-US, pl, da, ru, pt-BR, tr, nb, nn, ja, vi uploaded/released
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • status localization: Ivo is working on a new localization CWS. He expects to have created it for Windows and for Linux and Solaris by tuesday or by wednesday. This time Ivo merged all strings again to the CWS to ensure this time nothing will get lost. There will be one week for testing. New deadline will be March 5th. Integration on master including localization will be not before March 12th. For broad testing it'll be available until March 15th. Localization build will be provided as "archive" build as tar.gz archive (without installer)
    • CWS calc48: Martin Hollmichel had to retarget several CWS to reduce traffic for 3.1 release. CWS frmdlg was nominated. CWS calc48 fixes a bunch of regressions of CWS frmdlg. René asked to integrate rptfix04. With all these changes Martin asked to talk about a potential 3.1 delay. Martin asked Jens-Heiner Rechtien if he knew the current integration status of OOO310_m3. Heiner answered that there are two CWS left with conflicts. Martin calculates with two weeks of delay for the 3.1 release. Martin will nominate CWS calc48 for OOo 3.1 again because it includes a fix for a serious issue regarding external references in charts.
    • Issue 99511 is a P1 build failure and automatically approved
    • For issue 98990 a maintainer of the PyUNO code needs to be found
    • Issue 96743 is a regression to 2.4.1 but it has not been accepted to be fixed in 3.1. Target has been moved to 3.2
    • Issue 92356 has been retargeted to 3.2. This issue has no duplicates or votes.

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

RE duties this week

OOO310_m3 by Kurt Zenker (kz)
Oliver Bolte (obo) will do DEV300_m42

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-23 IRC log


2009-02-16

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Stefan Baltzer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Marcus Lange, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Ruediger Timm, Joerg Jahnke, Simon Wilper, Joerg Skottke, Martin Damboldt, Rafaella Braconi, Kai Ahrens


Other items

  • Discussion about 3.1 CWS localization35. Mechtilde mentioned it should have been available on Feb. 10th. Martin Hollmichel answered that Vladimir Glazunov is going to upload it. Rafaella mentioned that l10n handover was too late. As a solution Pavel proposed to have more regular l10n updates. Joerg Jahnke answered that Ivo Hinkelmann is working on this. René mentioned that this CWS contains issues with status NEW.
  • René mentioned: hunspell4thesaurus: nominated, but not in m42 yet and neither cloned to OOO310. (thouggh having 3.1 target and being ready in time). Martin answered that Ivo or Kurt will work on it ASAP
  • René mentioned: rptfix04: sorry, didn't have time this weekend, will try to package from the new zips asap.
  • the module "testautomation" has been created as separate source tarball since OOO310_m1
  • CWS dba31i seems to have introduced UI changes by changing identifiers. Martin is still not sure about the CWS. Rafaella asked to revert the string changes of this CWS. Martin asked Ruediger Timm to pull back the changes. Kai Ahrens suggests to have Frank taking the ownership of the left tasks after backpulling.
  • Martin asked about what to do with issue 97134
  • Rafaella asked about what to do with issue 98693. Martin answered that the l10n community can ignore the fix.

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • de, fr, it, nl, en-US, pl, da, ru, pt-BR, tr, nb, nn, ja, vi uploaded/released
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
  • Mechtilde asked about two stopper issues
    • Issue 98805 is probably a duplicate to issue 87596 which has been retargeted to 3.2.
    • Issue 98927 has been retargeted to 3.2.
  • Uwe Luebbers mentioned there are another four unopkg issues from Oliver Brinzing. Joachim Lingner is working on them

Review of issues for OOo 3.1 if any

Dependency list for 3.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.1

RE duties this week

OOO310_m2 Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
Oliver Bolte (obo) will do next milestone on DEV300

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-16 IRC log


2009-02-09

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Stefan Baltzer, Martin Hollmichel, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Martin Damboldt, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Marcus Lange, Frank Schoenheit, Oliver Craemer, Pavel Janik, Sophie Gautier, Volker Merschmann, Ruediger Timm, Nils Fuhrmann

Other items

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • de, fr, it, nl, en-US, pl, da, ru, pt-BR, tr uploaded/released
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • build of OOO310_m1 is still in progress
    • nomination and integration of CWS is a bit slow due to svn diff and merge operations that are much slower than expected. Not all nominated CWS got into m1. Remaining CWS will go into m2.
      • Frank Schoenheit asked about CWS dba31h and why it has not been integrated yet. Martin responded that not every issue within this CWS is declared as a stopper issue
    • for CWS dv07 Martin discovered some new strings that were already translated within the database but resulting as new strings within Pootle export.
    • CWS localization35 will get a bit delayed because we're still waiting for Arabic UI localization
    • localization status: starting on Feb 10., one new language with a three letter ISO code from India. Vladimir Glazunov is thinking about a workaround for this language. Martin proposed to wait for Arabic translation and then start with CWS localization35 and to leave-out the new language (Dogri)
    • discussion about rptfix04. Frank Schoenheit and René Engelhardt have been asked to follow-up with a phone call to clarify details. Frank will create a patch against vanilla jfreereport. René will write an issue for it with target 3.1.1 (if available)

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

OOO310_m1 Kurt Zenker (kz)
OOO310_m2 Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
Oliver Bolte (obo) will do next milestone on DEV300

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-09 IRC log

2009-02-02

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Stefan Baltzer, Martin Hollmichel, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Martin Damboldt, Ruediger Timm, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Marcus Lange


Other items

  • Possible timeline for 2.4.3 release
    • issue 91466 justifies a 2.4.3 release
    • issue 96471
    • All issues [1]
    • Martin would like to talk about these issues within the next meeting
    • A new milestone can be prepared for these fixes.

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • no known stoppers available.
    • de, fr, it, nl, en-US, pl, da, ru, pt-BR uploaded/released


  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • Joost asked to get two CWS integrated
      • CWS kashidafix02 (approved by QA) containing issue 98399
      • CWS swftnnumbers02 (ready for QA) containing issue 98418
      • both issues are related to Arabic i18n
    • Martin asked about the the proposal for the installation task priorities
      • Sophie Gautier commented on the releases mailing list that she can live with having issue 89394 implemented in 3.2
    • Uwe Luebbers asked regarding meta issue cleanup.
      • regarding issue 97159 Mechtilde said she was not able to create an example Database to get this issue reproduced due to privacy reasons. There have been no decision yet on this issue.
    • Mechtilde asked regarding the "NFS mount on FAT" issue 97139
    • René mentioned rptfix04 is still not ready because he needs more time. Martin want's to wait until it's ready.

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

DEV300_m41 or OOO310_m1 Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-02-02 IRC log


2009-01-26

Participants: Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Mechtilde Stehmann, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marc Neumann, Stefan Baltzer, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Marcus Lange, Martin Damboldt, Ruediger Timm

Other items

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • no known stoppers available. Release is planned for Tuesday January 27th on noon (Hamburg time). Binaries for en-US and de have been uploaded.
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • code freeze for 3.1 is this week
    • there are still a lot of childworkspaces to integrate
    • issue 92147 has been discussed. Martin on the one hand asked if this should be a release blocker and on the other hand he mentioned that the responsive developer currently has other priorities. Then he asked about a priorization of three different issues. The following proposal as been accepted to allow Ingo Schmidt and the localization teams to comment on this proposal: issue [2] is most important, issue [3] second and issue [4] last

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

DEV300_m40 Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
DEV300_m41 or OOO310_m1 Kurt Zenker (kz)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-01-26 IRC log


2009-01-19

Participants: Martin Damboldt, Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Pavel Janik, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm, Joost Andrae, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marcus Lange, Marc Neumann, Stefan Baltzer, Volker Merschmann, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Mathias Bauer, Kai Ahrens, Uwe Luebbers, Jens-Heiner Rechtien, Christian Jansen, Stefan Weigel

Other items

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • René proposed to change the revision number of Sun Report Builder extension because there were changes for it in OOo 3.0.1. Martin Hollmichel will care about it independent of the 3.0.1 release
    • For the Presenter Console there seems to be a similar issue. Martin will care about it
    • René mentioned some versioning issue with ure
    • Martin asked if we're fine with a 3.0.1 release of OOO300_m15. There were no objections
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1
    • based on the fact that feature freeze date passed and all strings are now within translation process Martin objected that the schedule looks a little bit ambitious with the remaining child workspaces. Martin's proposal is to stay with the current code freeze but to calculate with some more time to the actual release. A new deadline Feb 12th, exceptional CWS approved by release team and a new estimated last CWS integration date on March 5th has been appproved.
    • Martin Damboldt asked about the integration of usage tracking into this release. René asked if this doesn't affect community builds that are done outside of Sun domain. Heiner told René that it's a "BUILD_SPECIAL" item. In this case René is indifferent to this item. No other objections were raised.
    • Martin plans to priorize the current approx. 30 urgent/critical CWS. He will make this transparent within EIS application

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

DEV300_m40 Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO300 Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) and Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-01-19 IRC log


2009-01-12

Participants: Martin Damboldt, Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Joerg Skottke, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm, Eric Bachard, Joost Andrae, Oliver Craemer, Chris Cheney, Fridrich Strba, Marcus Lange, Marc Neumann, Maximilian Odendahl, Stefan Baltzer, Volker Merschmann, Kai Ahrens, Jens-Heiner Rechtien

Other items

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • no new show stoppers have been raised
    • OOO300_m15 will get uploaded as OpenOffice.org 3.0.1 release candidate 2
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1/3.2
    • build of DEV300_m39 is still in progress. There are currently open build issues. The build will get finished within the next days
    • Maximilian Odendahl proposed a shift of "code freeze". There's been a discussion about this. The decision if there will be a shift of "code freeze" will be done at next weeks meeting and after DEV300_m39 has been finished and after a quality status of this version has been determined.

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

DEV300_m39 Jens Heiner Rechtien (hr)
DEV300_m40 Vladimir Glazunov (vg)
OOO300 Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) and Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-01-12 IRC log


2009-01-05

Participants: Stefan Baltzer, Martin Damboldt, Rene Engelhard, Olaf Felka, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Joerg Skottke, Mechtilde Stehmann, Ruediger Timm, Thorsten Ziehm, Eric Bachard, Hennes Rohling, Joost Andrae, Kai Ahrens, Mikhail Voitenko, Oliver Craemer, Sophie Gautier, Rafaella Bracconi, Jens Heiner Rechtien, Mathias Bauer, Chris Cheney

Other items

Eric Bachard asked why CWS macleofix4x11 has been nominated for 2.4.2 but has never been integrated. Ruediger answered that the CWS was too late for 2.4.2 and it'll get integrated into 2.4.3.

Discussion on stopper issues

  • for OpenOffice.org 3.0.1
    • Issue [97710]: fix in progress
    • Issue [89713]: A documented workaround is available
    • Issue [97139]: cannot be fixed for 3.0.1.
    • Issue [97491]: fix in progress
    • Issue [97741]: the plan is to take the strings from the toolbar or to revert the string how it was in 3.0
  • for OpenOffice.org 3.1/3.2
    • Issue [23658] in touch with
    • Issue [86791]
    • CWS datapilotrange will be shifted to 3.2.
    • CWS macmenusquit will be taken after feature freeze.
    • Reminder: Code freeze for 3.1 is January 29th 2009

Review of issues for OOo 3.0.1/3.1 if any

3.0.1 issues
Issues with generic target 3.0.1

RE duties this week

DEV300_m39 Jens Heiner Rechtien (hr)
OOO300 Oliver Bolte (obo)

Upload duties this week

Uploads by Marcus Lange (mla) or Joost Andrae (ja)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-01-05 IRC log

Historic Minutes

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2008_05-12

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2008_01-04

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_09-12

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_05-08

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_04

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_03

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_02

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_01

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_12

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_11

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_10

Personal tools