Difference between revisions of "ReleaseStatus Minutes"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(RE duties this week)
Line 20: Line 20:
  
 
SRC680_m243 will be done by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)<br>
 
SRC680_m243 will be done by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)<br>
OOH680_m3 will be done by Kurt Zenker (kz)<br>
+
OOH680_m3 will be done by Rüdiger Timm (rt)<br>
 +
OOH680_m4 will be done by Kurt Zenker (kz)<br>
  
 
=== Full IRC log ===
 
=== Full IRC log ===

Revision as of 13:04, 15 January 2008

On every Monday 3pm German time (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html) there is a meeting (#oooreleases on irc.freenode.net) to review the status for the next releases.

Contents

Agenda for next meeting

  • Review of issues for OOoRelease24
  • Meta issue for potential 2.4 stoppers has been created 84957
  • Limit the download from the server between packing the server and releasing

2008-01-14

Participants: Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, xiuzhi, Mechtilde Stehmann, Friedrich Strba, Pavel Janik, Martin Damboldt, Thorsten Ziehm, Christian Lohmeier, Rafaella Braconi, Bettina Haberer, Marc Neumann

OOo 2.4 status

There are still too many CWS open for version 2.4 and we're heading code freeze this week.
Thorsten Ziehm informed that there are too many CWS and that his team unlikely will approve all CWS by January 17th.
René would like to have CWS serbianisntsrcs integrated but it depends on localization27. CWS localization unfortunately has been reset to NEW to include polish localization fixes. This delay was not planned. There was a decision to include localization27 as soon as possible and to do the polish and serbian localization separately.
Martin and Thorsten will have a follow-up meeting to discuss further re targeting of CWS
There was a request to take the testtool test scripts from qa/qatesttool to another place within CVS. The discussion about this topic did not finish and has been postponed to the next release status meeting. There's a need for documentation of CVS tags of the test scripts (René asked into this direction)

RE duties this week

SRC680_m243 will be done by Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)
OOH680_m3 will be done by Rüdiger Timm (rt)
OOH680_m4 will be done by Kurt Zenker (kz)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2008-01-14_IRC_log


2008-01-07

Participants: Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, xiuzhi, Mechtilde Stehmann, Friedrich Strba, Pavel Janik, Martin Damboldt, Thorsten Ziehm, Christian Lohmeier

OOo 2.4 status

There are about 70 CWS open for OpenOffice.org 2.4. The number of integrated CWS needs to be reduced.
Action item for Martin Hollmichel, Kai Sommerfeld and Thorsten Ziehm: take a look at the list of CWS and to try to reduce the number

René Engelhard asked for help with hyphenexternal and hunspellexternal (he needs a Windows build) to get the corresponding CWS integrated.

Additionally there was a discussion about the tinderbox status and how to care about CWS that have a red status. Martin mentioned to have a deeper look when nominating the next CWS.


RE duties this week

SRC680_m242 will be done by Oliver (obo)
OOH680_m2 will be done by Ruediger (rt)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2008-01-07_IRC_log


2007-12-17

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-12-17_IRC_log

2007-12-10

Participants: Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, Mechtilde Stehmann, xiuzhi, Friedrich Strba, Pavel Janik, Martin Damboldt

OOo 2.3.1 status

OpenOffice.org 2.3.1 status: en-US, de, fr, ru, ja, pl and it have been released. There are currently no known issues regarding distribution. All Bouncer related issues of localizations that use Bouncer seem to be resolved

OOo 2.4 status

Rene wants to have two CWSses included:

  • configure22
  • hyphenexternal


The aggreement was on the following:

We do not branch-off this week because there's only one CWS with status "Approved" on 3.0 target

Joost Andrae will take care for correctly retargetting childworkspaces to 3.0 if they are not appropriate for 2.4
Rene Engelhard asked not to retarget hunspell2 or hunspellexternal.

RE duties this week

Kurt Zenker

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-12-10_IRC_log


2007-12-03

Participants: Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, Mechtilde Stehmann, xiuzhi, Friedrich Strba, Pavel Janik

OOo 2.3.1 status

en-US has been uploaded to stable. Localizations of de, fr, ru, ja and it have been uploaded to localized.

We're ready to release en-US, ja and de on Dec. 4th at 12pm (Hamburg time) {that would be 11am UTC]

and fr and it at 3pm (Hamburg time) {that would be 2pm UTC]

_if_ Bouncer links work properly at that time.


OOo 2.4 status

Ruediger asked to postpone the SRC680 to branch-off OOH680 after next milestone SRC680_m239 Pavel asked to include CWS dictionariesfor24 (status: Ready for QA) Fridrich mentioned CWS boostup01 which is approved by QA Ruediger asked to do the following things before we branch-off:

  • creating install sets on wntmsci11
  • executable flag on soffice.bin on mac
  • langtab.src

Rene wants to have two CWSses included:

  • configure22
  • hyphenexternal


The aggreement was on the following:

...not to split before m239. We need all the fixes that rtimm mentioned, and anything else which is ready then


RE duties this week

SRC680 Vladimir Glazunov (vg)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-12-03_IRC_log


2007-11-26

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, Mechtilde Stehmann, Volker Merschmann, xiuzhi, Rafaella Braconi, Friedrich Strba, Martin Damboldt, Pavel Janik

OOo 2.3.1 status

We're ready to release en-US and de but will wait for fr and ja translations until the end of this week and plan to release 2.3.1 on December 4th

OOo 2.4 status

Ivo is currently doing the feature freeze integrations
Heiner expects some minor problems integrating all feature freeze CWS into SRC680_m238. Pavel will help.
OOH680 branch off next week has been discussed. Heiner mentioned it would be possible.
Rene mentioned issue 82748 which was related with a missing OpenSSL tag for OpenOffice2. The related items have been clarified.

Mechtilde asked how to avoid people to download from master mirror before a build has been announced.
Answer: This cannot be avoided. People can be notified to wait for the official announcement.


RE duties this week

SRC680 Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-11-26_IRC_log

2007-11-19

Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, Marc Neumann, Mechtilde Stehmann, Volker Merschmann, xiuzhi, Thorsten Ziehm

OOo 2.3.1 status

OpenOffice.org 2.3.1 Release Candidate 1 has been uploaded on 2007-11-15 and annonced on 2007-11-16 It's not planned to do another build. Until now no show stoppers have been reported.
Rene mentioned Debian Issue 451849. Martin will answer the posting on releases mailing list and asking for more information.

OOo 2.4 status

Next milestone will start on 2007-11-23 and OOH680 branch will be branched-off once the milestone is finished.
Currently 16 CWS are nominated and about 9 have been approved
Nomination mechanism for the upcoming 2.4 has been activated (CWS QA engineers cannot nominate CWS but approve CWS only for this branch)

OOo 3.0 status

First translation hand over for OOo 3.0 will be in mid January
Once the branch for 3.0 codeline has been started QA can start to nominate CWS for this branch

RE duties this week

OOG680 no more milestone planned

SRC680 Ivo Hinkelmann (ihi)

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-11-19_IRC_log

2007-11-12

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Mechtilde Stehmann, IcoBgr, Joost Andrae, Marc Neumann, Mechtilde Stehmann, Stefan Baltzer, Volker Merschmann, xiuzhi, Thorsten Ziehm

Review of issues for 2.3.1

  • the following issues have been discussed
    • 82967 PDF export removes form fields -> target 2.4
    • 75877 Slow reaction in Conditional Formatting -> target 2.4
    • 83313 The IDL reference for the AWT tree control uses "Childs" as plural of "Child", instead of "Children" -> target 2.4

OOo 2.4 status

Feature freeze will be on Thursday (15th November). We will get no cws approval for all feature relevant cws within this timeframe. Thorsten and Martin to discuss a proposal offline on whether to drop certain cws or to move the deadline.

it was agreed to extend the deadline for the integration of dictionaries until November 29th, since this affects not any translation.

RE duties this week

OOG680 Oliver Bolte

SRC680 Ruediger Timm

Full IRC log

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007-11-12_IRC_log

2007-10-29

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Mechtilde Stehmann, Martin Damboldt

Review of issues for 2.3.1

  • the following issues have been discussed
    • 83083 preparation for system integration
    • 82625 Forms cannot be printed anymore
    • 82235 recovery does nothing

RE duties this week

OOG680 Kurt Zenker

SRC680 Ruediger Timm

2007-10-22

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer, Martin Damboldt

Review of issues for 2.3.1

  • it was agreed to include the following issues
    • 82796 Installer does not offer xls,ppt file assoc on clean system
    • 82750 The call of unopkg w/ options leads to a segmentation fault (Debian 3.1)
    • 69738 WW8: import of drawing object in header changes the page background color
    • 82631 Calc needs long time to open spreadsheet
    • 74751 libmawt.so not found for x86_64 when using Sun JDK6
    • 81616 bogus jawt check
    • 82608 gtk themes like ThinIce reveals we're using incorrect frees on theme resources
    • 76623 Wrong formatting and displaying for some dates

RE duties this week

OOG680 Heiner or Ruediger

SRC680 Vladimir (vg)

Misc

  • RE will start doing MacOSX (x86) build with every milestone
  • Code Freeze for 2.3.1 is Thursday this week (Oct 25th)

2007-10-15

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer, Martin Damboldt

Review of 2.3.1 issues

  • it was agreed to include the following issues

82593 --with-vendor="$BUILDER" confugure parameter and the spaces
82069 PDF export for Type1 symbol fonts has wrong glyph widths
79051 please update Dutch spell checking word lists
76395 Printing of handouts only includes very low-res version of embedded bitmap graphics
82622 Crash when pasting a text table (old table model) as HTML into new text document
82624 User interface: When setting the scaling to more than 100% the letters are not readable
82628 Files with Cyrillic characters in their names cannot be opened via the MS Windows Explorer
82626 In the imported MS PowerPoint file the lines with arrows do not start at the correct point
72358 corrupted acor_*.dats
81970 Export to PDF for symbol glyphs in PDF-builtin fonts (i.e. EURO symbol)

RE duties this week

OOG680 Oliver Bolte (obo)
SRC680 Ivo Hinkelmann (ivo)

full IRC log

You can find the full IRC log here.

2007-10-08

Participants: Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Stefan Baltzer (?)

Review of 2.3.1 issues

(link: http://www.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?Submit+query=Submit+query&issue_type=DEFECT&issue_type=ENHANCEMENT&issue_type=FEATURE&issue_type=PATCH&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&issue_status=RESOLVED&target_milestone=OOo+2.3.1&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwords&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwords&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=fulltext&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=1.1&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time)

Please review the list (many issues are build configuration and l10n relevant.

ES project lead mail

... will be ignored because there are no issues referenced. The meeting questioned the QA done on the builds. They were approved by QA and only after the release, upload and mirrors downloading it, ES project lead announced they think about going back. The meeting voted -1 for this, we do not support this move. The only mentioned issue (#i81789#: Activating a math formula in large document (many objects) takes very long time) is already analyzed and will be fixed for 2.3.1.

Initial response time (IRT) - Patches

(http://eis.services.openoffice.org/patchreport/irt_2007-10-06.html)

Issue inactivity time (IIT) - Patches

(http://eis.services.openoffice.org/patchreport/iit_2007-10-06.html)

Reminders to top-10 people ;-)

RE duties this week

OOG680 Heiner (hr) SRC680 Kurt (smoketester/kz)

2007-09-24

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard

Release Status OOo 2.3

on OOG680_m6 basis, Kai S. to identify source patches to be applied for m6.

Release Status OOo 2.3.1

  • Uwe L, Thorsten and Martin to review 2.3.1 issue until next week, amount of issues seems far to high, criteria is that issues should have usual "stopper" criteria.
  • suggest build schedule: m7 -> Oct. 11th, m8 -> Oct. 25th,

RE duties

  • OOG680 this week Ruediger (rt)
  • SRC680 Heiner (hr)



2007-09-10

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Michael Meeks(partly) Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard

Release Status OOo 2.3

  • obo will start build of m5 as soon as possible, so that upload of next rc will be done on Tuesday, next possible release on September 17th.

RE duties

SRC680_m229: Ivo (ihi) OOG680: Oliver (obo)

Action Items (AI)

2007-09-05

Participants: Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard

Release Status OOo 2.3

  • all stoppers have been fixed and approved
  • additional issue included because of undetected conflicts during integration( 24969, Presentation should play a sound file over more than one slide, impress130)
  • upload of sources and installsets until Thursday noon, Sept. 6th
  • it was agreed to shorten review time from 1 week to 6 days to ensure that we're able to react on issue in time before travel to OOoCon start. Estimated date for final bits will be on September 12th.
  • Pavel hints on 81272 [FR] Calc help: lots of strings not translated, but it was agreed not to delay Release because of this.

2007-09-03

Participants: R. Bircher. Martin Damboldt, Pavel Janik, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm, Fridrich Strba, Kai Sommerfeld, Rene Engelhard, Thorsten Ziehm

Release Status OOo 2.3

five candidates for stopping release

  • Database access DEFECT NEW P1 Sun Report Builder extension causes OOG680_m3 to crash http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=81186, nice to have for Mac build, but Mac Alpha is ready to go with "know issues" if fix is not available soon. fs, pl, pjanik will have a look at this.

will have another meeting Tuesday, 4th, 11.30 am German time, for review of 81212 and 81157 to come to a decision if we're able to do a m4 respin on Wednesday, this would result in release on September 12th or 13th in time before OOoCon.


  • Joost will upload new Russian builds because of a packaging error.

proposal for introducing OOo 3.x target

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Target_3x

  • The propose meeting will scheduled by Martin H. in more detail, participation with at least one from QA, Dev and UserExperience is desired, Thorsten and Bettina will suggest participant for QA and UX, for Development Martin H. will contact Project Leads. Other participation will be on voluntary basis, final review of 2.x and 3.x issue will be in early October.

RE duties

SRC680_m227: Vladimir (vg) SRC680_m228: Kurt (kz) OOG680: Ruediger (rt)


ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_05-08

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_04

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_03

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_02

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2007_01

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_12

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_11

ReleaseStatus_Minutes_2006_10

Personal tools