Quick and Easy Activities
|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
Quick and Easy Marketing Activities
Per Louis' suggestion, I have started this page to list easy things people can do to promote OpenOffice.org in their spare time.
Bhorst 03:02, 22 May 2007 (CEST)
If you have 0 minutes
- Wear an OpenOffice.org polo shirt instead of your normal gear and be a walking advert
If you have 5 minutes
- Watch this inspirational video about how to convert schools, public administrations, and others to OOo.
- Add a signature to your email account that links back to the OpenOffice.org home page.
- Visit Dell's IdeaStorm website and vote for OpenOffice.org to be an option for pre-installation on new Dell computers.
- Join the OOo group on LinkedIn
If you have 10 minutes
- Support OpenOffice.org by adding it to your resumé. I wrote about this on SolidOffice.com:
- "If you know or use OOo, you can promote yourself and subtly promote open source and open data formats at the same time. The process could not be simpler: just mention your knowledge of OpenOffice on your resume or CV! You’ll look smart, differentiate yourself from other candidates, and maybe even find a more comfortable, open source-friendly work environment at the same time."
- Join the Mugshot.org OpenOffice Group.
- Mugshot is an open source, meta social networking site. When you join a group, you can elect to receive updates when members make changes or add posts to their blogs.
- Join the Facebook OpenOffice.org Group.
If you have 20 minutes
- Email your friends and coworkers a quick message reminding them of the benefits of OOo and open source programs for their personal use. Give them a link to the Why? micro site.
- Burn half a dozen CDs and give them to your friends. If they are typical Windows users, give them a 'CD for dummies' like The OpenDisc.
- Create or print some flyers about OOo to hang in your college dorm or common space.