QA status Chart2
The status by the Quality Assurance for the Chart 2 project is tracked on this page. The Chart 2 project should replace the old Chart module which is integrated in OOo 2.x (currently 2.2). The new module is included in one CWS (chart2mst3).
The estimated effort in QA for the CWS chart2mst3 is planned with 3 months until the CWS get in state 'ready for QA' for the first time.
In this time frame the following parts are included :
- testing and verifying of all issue which are included in CWS chart2mst3
- write automated test scripts to check general functionality of new Chart module
- testing the new chart module in all applications of OOo (integration tests for Writer, Impress and Calc)
- approve all specifications
- writing test case specifications for all new features with specifications (documentation what is tested, for further testing cycles and for reproducible test scenarios)
- full function tests of all new features with test case specifications
- general testing of the Chart module
The following parts are not required for approving the CWS, but should be done as much as possible :
- adopt older test case specifications to the new functionality of Chart 2
- write automated test scripts for all new features
The effort is planned for one complete test cycle. If it will be needed to check all issues in the CWS more than once, the time frame has to be extended.
Time frame for testing and quality assurance
Beside the development of the new chart module Thomas Klarhoefer is full-time the responsible engineer for the Quality Assurance. Jogi Sievers is responsible script writer for automated testing and support Thomas. The QA is done in parallel since more than a year. So the testing didn't start with setting the CWS in state 'ready for QA', it started much earlier and was continues work beside the development process.
The final approval process for the CWS nearly started with the setting it in state 'ready for QA'. This was done for the first time at 7th of March 2007. So currently the estimated due date for setting the CWS to 7th of June 2007.
14th of February :
- started verification of all issues from type 'task'
- 252 issues are attached at the CWS chart2mst3
7th of March :
- in 3 turns the CWS get in state 'ready for QA' the first time
- 294 issues are attached at the CWS chart2mst3
12th of April :
- 8 specifications are approved by iTeam => 4 are open
- 260 issues are verified in CWS chart2mst3 => 56 issues are open - 6 feature and 7 enhancements
- 3 test case specifications are written => 9 are open
- 2 automated tests are written (it must be checked if they are checked full functionality of 2 specifications)
- 316 issues are attached at CWS chart2mst3
Number of submitted issues
Current state (12th of April) since starting verification of issues in CWS chart2mst3 (17th of February)
- submitted issues for new chart module : 82
- added issues chart2mst3 : 64
- issues are added to other CWS than chart2mst3 : 23
- open issues are not registered at a CWS : 5
- all open issues which are set for new chart : 80
(all issues for new chart have 'New chart' in summary and can be queried)