Difference between revisions of "Performance/Meetings/2008 11"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 4: Line 4:
Performance Project<br>
Performance Project<br>
Date: 2009/10/16<br>
Date: 2008/10/16<br>
Time: 16:31– 17:16<br>
Time: 16:31– 17:16<br>
Meeting No.: <br>
Meeting No.: <br>

Revision as of 07:09, 25 August 2009


Meeting Minutes
IRC Meeting of Sun Microsystems (StarOffice) with RedFlag2000
Performance Project

Date: 2008/10/16
Time: 16:31– 17:16
Meeting No.:


(09:31:26 AM) kuangl: Hi Dieter
(09:31:31 AM) kuangl: hi mhu
(09:31:33 AM) mhu: Hi all
(09:31:39 AM) yugq: Hi, mhu
(09:32:02 AM) lihen1: hi,all
(09:33:02 AM) mhu: Hmm, I was supposed to excuse Dieter and Malte because they are busy with another meeting... ?
(09:33:31 AM) liangjunzeng: hello all
(09:33:49 AM) mhu: Hi liangjun
(09:33:51 AM) Malte: We decided to attend to this meeting instead of the other :)
(09:33:57 AM) liangjunzeng: :)
(09:34:08 AM) lihen1: Malte:thank you
(09:34:17 AM) mhu: okay
(09:34:21 AM) Dieter_: ...because this a very important project for us
(09:34:30 AM) Dieter_: lihen: Thank you for your very detailed document. I think it would be good to go through the document to get a common understanding.
(09:35:12 AM) lihen1: Dieter_:It's my pleasure
(09:35:52 AM) lihen1: another part for time-binder will be finish in a few days
(09:39:23 AM) mhu: sorry, I have just skipped over the document (read the first half) ... looks good so far
(09:40:12 AM) mhu: shall we quickly go through the document, as Dieter suggested ?
(09:43:45 AM) mhu: ping ... am I still online ... ?
(09:45:12 AM) mhu: ...anybody out there ?
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: it's important unit of our new tools
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: it can make it easy to measure effects of some key points
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: Okay, can we continue to discuss the web server?
(09:48:16 AM) Malte: Can you please explain "time-binder"?
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: Okay, we will put some native code for trace all node of Performance Roadmap, in every node we can add some time when it is executed, and that if we add 2 second time to a node ...
(09:48:16 AM) Dieter_: lihen: in your document the word "performance map" means a "sequence map" or "process flow map", right?
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: and find the 10 seconds delay in macroscopical value, we can know how many time we can save
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: Dieter_:Yes, we splited a macroscopical value to several key nodes
(09:48:16 AM) lihen1: Malte: can you understand me?
(09:48:18 AM) Malte: Next try ;)
(09:48:48 AM) yugq: yes
(09:49:05 AM) yugq: mhu, I can see you online.
(09:50:01 AM) mhu: hi all, Dieter Malte and I just found out that we have massive network delay in our chat connection (looks like 2-3 minutes delay) , sorry for that
(09:51:39 AM) mhu: yugq: thanks for your response, now I can hear you again; but we some seriously network delay ...
(09:52:30 AM) lihen1: Matthias:Okay, we can through it now, and I will explain some key point to Malte via email,
(09:52:30 AM) lihen1: Malte:Do you think so?
(09:52:30 AM) lihen1: Malte: Do you think so?
(09:52:30 AM) [1]Malte: Damn, I got disconnected again...
(09:52:30 AM) [1]Malte: Was there some comment on my naming suggestion?
(09:52:32 AM) lihen1: Matthias:can you receive my word?
(09:53:18 AM) lihen1: Dieter_:Yes, we splited a macroscopical value to several key nodes
(09:53:59 AM) mhu: LiHeng: yes I can read your words, but they seem to arrive blockwise with 2-3 minutes delay (after you wrote them)
(09:54:15 AM) lihen1: yugq:are you there?
(09:54:15 AM) yugq: yes?
(09:54:15 AM) yugq: liheng, I'm here.
(09:54:38 AM) lihen1: yugq:but I can't talk with Mhu,and the others
(09:54:39 AM) lihen1: :(
(09:54:47 AM) lihen1: network is worry?
(09:55:16 AM) yugq: I think there is some problem with their networks.
(09:58:47 AM) yugq: liheng, are you online now?
(09:58:47 AM) lihen1: Matthias:Do you think network is well enough to continue this meeting?
(09:58:47 AM) lihen1: yugq:I'm here but some trouble with network, ...
(09:58:47 AM) lihen1: :(
(09:59:49 AM) mhu: lihen1,all : sorry, I have just sent email explaining (our Hamburg) network problem; we see your words, but with minutes delay; yes I am patient enough to try to continue the meeting if you like :-)
(10:00:00 AM) [1]Malte: I think continuing IRC doesn't make sense... :(
(10:00:10 AM) [1]Malte: Could switch to email...
(10:00:23 AM) yugq: Agree
(10:00:42 AM) mhu: yugq: agree to what ?
(10:00:42 AM) [1]Malte: mailing-list, or direct email?
(10:01:38 AM) lihen1: direct email first
(10:01:45 AM) yugq: mhu, Malte said: "I think continuing IRC doesn't make sense... :(Could switch to email..."
(10:02:08 AM) [1]Malte: so who as all emails adresse at hand, and will start the first mail?
(10:02:09 AM) mhu: ah okay, I am only testing the reponsiveness :-)
(10:02:12 AM) lihen1: Matthias:We should switch to email
(10:02:38 AM) mhu: okay, we can continue via email then ...
(10:03:02 AM) [1]Malte: I suggest Li Heng sends out a first mail to get things started.
(10:03:05 AM) yugq: It seems the network is better now:)
(10:03:35 AM) [1]Malte: So we try to stick with IRC now?
(10:03:49 AM) mhu: yugq: that is what I was testing ...
(10:04:03 AM) [1]Malte: Seems to work now for me...
(10:04:29 AM) lihen1: [1]Malte:Seems better
(10:04:30 AM) lihen1: :)
(10:04:46 AM) mhu: I have sent out an email 7 minutes ago; has anyone of you received it ?
(10:05:08 AM) [1]Malte: yes
(10:05:36 AM) lihen1: Matthias:Yes
(10:05:49 AM) yugq: yes, received
(10:05:53 AM) mhu: okay, then at least the email fallback still works :-)
(10:08:10 AM) lihen1: but i think we ave lost many words
(10:08:10 AM) lihen1: but i think we have lost many words
(10:08:10 AM) lihen1: Malte:Did you receive the explaination of Time-binder?
(10:09:12 AM) mhu: I think, I have a log of all our conversation; I can send that via email when we are finished for today.
(10:10:15 AM) mhu: ...and, maybe email really is the better medium than IRC today; I think we have these delays again ...
(10:16:15 AM) mhu: okay, I am giving up for today, sorry. Bye for now, see you next week, or via email ...

Go back

Personal tools