Internship 2010: New Context Menu Implementation
This project wants to exchange the old resource based context menus with a XML file based implementation. The menu bar, status bar and toolbars are already specified by XML files, can be accessed and customized by a UNO API.
This is a rough overview about the work which has to be done.
- Create a popup menu XML file format (should based on the menu bar format)
- Implement a XML reader/writer for the popup menu XML file format
- Extend the UI configuration API to manipulate popup menus
- Extend the LayoutManager to create context menus
- Remove the old SFX2 based code
- Adapt the application code to use the new API for context menus
- Convert all context menus from resources to XML files (the old conversion code inside framework can be used)
- Optional: Extend the customization dialog so users are able to customize their context menus.
- Optional: Extend the Addons.xcu file to merge entries into context menus
- the project is accepted for the summer internship