From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Group MNV of the Hitek School internship project started their individual project "Music database" on May 25th, 2009.

Group consists of following members:

Marina Kuznetsova

Natalia Polioudova

Vlad Seredkine

1 week (25 - 31 May, 2009)

This week we shared our ideas and discussed a concept of intended database.

2 week (1 - 6 June, 2009)

During the week we were reading documentation, exploring OOO database and thinking about various options of future database structure. We have made a choice of one of them and began to work on it with purpose to realize it in OO database application.

We have created working database structure (graphic diagram with 9 tables). Week finished in progress of final changes in database structure and final determination of data types in the tables fields.

3 week (June 8 - 14th, 2009)

  • Continued to explore OOo Base
  • Discussed external and internal design for the intended Music database
  • Discussed business requirements for the intended Music database

4 week (June 15 - 21th, 2009)

  • Continued to explore OOo Base
  • Made a draft copy of Database Requirement Specification
  • Shared our final thoughts on first approach to the database structure and functionality

The 1st month résumé.

Our assignment for the first month was “orientation, ideas, concept, design,
Spec (itterative)”.

During this month we worked along the several main lines:

1. Familiarized ourselves with OOo database, how it works:

  • Creating a New Database
  • Working with Tables
  • Working with Queries
  • Working with Forms
  • Creating Reports
  • Menus
  • Toolbars

2. Familiarized ourselves with accessible tutorials in order to
learn how to work with Ooo Base

3. Discussed orientation and concept of our future database

4. Discussed desirable database features and possible outputs

5. Discussed business requirements for the intended Music database

6. Familiarized ourselves with competitive products

7. Designed a set of tables and their relations

8. Thought over supposed database functionality

9. Discussed external and internal design

10. Created a draft of database requirement specification

11. Explored the OOo Base

As a result of our activity we obtained:

  • some knowledge about working with OOo Base
  • the image, structure, and functionality of intended Music database
  • realization that creation of good Music database needs more knowledge and skills
  • endorsement of a brainstorm and communication importance

Our deliverables:

  • A database structure scheme in a first edition
  • A description of tables – fields, field types, and relations
  • A draft of product requirement specification

5 week (June 22 - 28th, 2009)

  • Have prepared a monthly resume
  • In the process of the affirmation of our database structure we have found
    that we still have had two incompatible platforms. In order to break this deadlock
    we splitted into 2 undependent groups.
  • This page is maintained by Marina and Natalia.
  • We completed our database structure changing for now and will create real database basing on it.

6 week (June 29 - July 5, 2009)

  • Were working with external and internal documentation for music database
  • Created "sample" of our database with tables and relationships
  • Created some forms and reports

7 week (July 6 - July 12, 2009)

  • Were working with documentation
  • Explore some OOo Base functionalities
  • Were working with new DB functionality
  • Were working with Forms and Queries

8 week (July 13 - July 19, 2009)

  • Designed and decorated entry forms
  • Made insignificant changes in the structure of database
  • Created several required Queries

Please do not change the logical content of this site without acknowledge of the author or the OOo QA Project Lead/Co-Leads.

Personal tools