From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
- Write an issue in the website project http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/enter_bug.cgi?component=extensions
- Title: Localisation for extension site: <LANGUAGE>
- Assign it to email@example.com
- Provide information about your language: Native language name, language name in english, some kind of 2 letter code for the language
- TBO will then take some default strings, already existing for the language and put it into pootle http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide or provide an .pot file for translation. Instructions will be written into the issue, issue will get assigned to submitter
- Submitter takes care about the translation of the strings
- If translation is finished, assign the issue to TBO again. He will take care to enable the language on the website.
- Special care has to be taken during translation by words starting with !, $, %, @ they have to appear as they are in the translation, too.
- HTML commands in < and > has also to show up in teh translated string in the same way.