From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
This is currently just a proposal and no accepted process!
- Source language is english
- Extraction of translation template .pot file or .po file with partial translation from:
- By selecting 'Used' from listbox 'Only already used strings'
- Special care has to be taken during translation by words starting with !, $, %, @ they have to appear as they are in the translation, too.
- Source files are kept in OOo cvs as a reference: extensions/www/ooo-ext-website/drupal/translation/ui
- Request of translations happens trough submitting an issue to me, TBO, since I have to enable the language in the system and some strings are already translated, and only then I can provide a file that has these translations already - about 50% are already translated.
- Current known translation problems: some controls descriptions are not translateable - I have find the place where general widget translations will work.
- There are also some strings that are there by error - some I already know, some not ;-)
- If you think some string is not translateable, first check if it is realy not in the .po file/check with the drupal search form, then submit an issue with the english string.
- Internaly every string in Drupal get's an id assigned 'lid'
- It is possible to translate/check something from within a drupal formular by knowing the string: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/admin/settings/locale/string/search
- Inside the .po file there is a hint for every string where it is used; This is either a pointer to the source file, or the url of the page where it appered.
- File for german translation test: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/files/de.zip
- Translation maintainig functions access rights can be granted on request for active helping of finding issues.