Difference between revisions of "ESC dashboard"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
(31 intermediate revisions by 10 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
= ESC Dashboard =
+
{{DISPLAYTITLE:ESC Dashboard}}
  
{| border="2" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 1em 1em 1em 0; background: #f9f9f9; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-collapse: collapse;"
+
{| border="2" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style="margin: 1em 1em 1em 0; background: #f9f9f9; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-collapse: collapse;" class="prettytable sortable"
 
|-
 
|-
 
! Name || Owner || Prio || Due || Notes  
 
! Name || Owner || Prio || Due || Notes  
 
|-
 
|-
| CVS to bazaar/git/subversion transition    || Fuhrmann, Meeks, Klose    || 1  || Q1 2008 || Weekly meeting Friday 2pm UTC #oooscm, set up prototypes for evaluation. Details on http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoSCM_Minutes. SVN and git repository prototypes are available and public accessible (via SSH). There is still no Bazaar import, it is thought that a full bazaar import might be difficult to achieve. We will for now continue with SVN and git. Discover workflows wrt to SVN and git is in progress, templates can be found [[http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SCM_Migration#Sun_Hamburg_RE here]]. Next: measure the candidates against the template. Open: Split of git repository just because of performance issues when dealing with big repositories.
+
| CVS to bazaar/git/subversion transition    || Fuhrmann, Meeks, Klose    || 1  || in progress  || Weekly meeting Friday 2pm UTC #oooscm, set up prototypes for evaluation. Details on [[OOoSCM_Minutes]]. SVN and git repository prototypes are available and public accessible (via SSH). There is still no Bazaar import, it is thought that a full bazaar import might be difficult to achieve. We will for now continue with SVN and git. Discover workflows wrt to SVN and git is in progress, templates can be found at [[SCM_Migration#Sun_Hamburg_RE]]. Done: migration to mercurial on DEV300 code line complete, OO320 in preparation
 
|-
 
|-
| Unified sign on/Federated Identity    || Fuhrmann    ||  1 ||         || Discussion took place sun internally. Requirement added to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Requirements and handed over to Sun team which evaluates hosting efforts.   
+
| Unified sign on/Federated Identity    || Fuhrmann    ||  1 || work in progress        || Requirement added to [[Infrastructure_Requirements]]. Gerd Weiss has kicked of the discussion within the website project.   
 
|-
 
|-
| Wiki/better search, structure    || Peters || 1  ||     || Update wiki engine to 1.11 (staging wiki on doc.services.openoffice.org), implementing hierarchical structure on wiki/Documentation, starting to negotiate structure of localized content with NLC reps
+
| Wiki/better search, structure    || Peters || 1  || work in progress 
 +
|
 +
* Wiki Engine Updated to MW 1.13 (Feb 15)
 +
* Structural hierarchy implemented on wiki/Documentation (wip)
 +
* Structure of localized wiki sections TBD
 +
* Implemented crosslink functionality for localized pages
 
|-
 
|-
| Buildbots    || Fuhrmann, Cheng    || 2  ||   || Gregor Hartmann from Sun and Bao Honglin from Redflag CH2000 assigned to this task. Kick of on IRC has taken place on Dec 19, the agenda and log can be found [[http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/BuildBot_Meeting here]]. A buildbot has been brought online by the RedFlag team.    
+
| Buildbots    || Fuhrmann, Cheng    || 2  || work in progress  || Gregor Hartmann from Sun and Bao Honglin from Redflag CH2000 assigned to this task. Kick of on IRC has taken place on Dec 19, the agenda and log can be found at [[BuildBot_Meeting]]. A buildbot has been brought online by the RedFlag team. Work on a Mac build bot kicked of in June.   
 
|-
 
|-
| CWS Upload area  || Hollmichel    || 2  || work in progress, Jan '08  ||    
+
| CWS Upload area  || Hollmichel    || 2  || done, April '08  ||     authentication work under way to get up-load with EIS, expected end of Feb 08.
 
|-
 
|-
| Mailing lists/unsubscribed people should get replies to their threads  || Fuhrmann    || 3 ||         || Do we realy have to invest into such feature? How many people are affected by this in their daily work? What is the common beahviour of mailing lists?
+
| reduce storage needed for l10n builds, related to modularization issues || Hütsch || 2 || not earlier than OOo 3.3  ||    
 
|-
 
|-
| low barrier of entry/simple account creation || Fuhrmann || 4 ||         || Talk to Sun team which evaluates hosting efforts took place. Registration via Login-name + Mail + Country seams to be simple enough.
+
| help content should be platform independent || Peters || 2 || After OOo 3.1    ||    
 
|-
 
|-
| Storage needed for l10n builds, related to modularization issues || Fuhrmann, Hütsch || 2 ||         ||    
+
| Language Packs/Dictionaries to be moved to extensions, modularization || Hütsch || 2 || OOo 3.2        || Configuration nailed down to make dictionaries as extensions. With OOo 3.0 dictionaries has come as extension. In 3.2 timeframe the language pack/dictionary issue will be adressed.
 
|-
 
|-
| Language Packs/help content should be platform independent || Braconi, Peters || 2 ||         ||    
+
| Language Fallback to en-US must be fixed (help img fallback doesn't work) || Bauer || 2 || OOo 3.1        || Issue existent. Mathias to follow up on img fallback problem, Target is OOo 3.1
 
|-
 
|-
| Dictionaries to be moved to extensions, modularization || Hütsch || 2 ||          || Configuration nailed down to make dictionaries as extensions. In progress.  
+
| Access to translation data to be moved to Pootle || Braconi || 2 || completed         ||     25 languages have been uploaded. Here the [[Pootle_Integration_Roadmap|Pootle_Roadmap]]. Pootle server on arsaperta.org has been removed (announced by Charles Schultz). OOo and Sun Vendors are working with Pootle on sunvirtuallab: http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/projects/openoffice_org/. Due to additional request, Sun/G11n will set up a second Pootle server to host additional languages. Machine has already been requested and approved. The second Pootle server has been set up in July/August '08. (January 2011-> Pootle has been moved to OOo infrastructure: pootle.services.openoffice.org)
 
|-
 
|-
| Language Fallback to en-US must be fixed (help img fallback doesn't work) || Bauer || 2 ||         || Issue existent. Target is OOo 3.0.    
+
| Process and tools to allow localization of wiki content || Braconi || 2 || work in progress, OOo 3.0         ||Workflow at [[:Image:OOo_Wiki_process.png]] The progress can be viewed at: [[L10n_Wiki_Process_for_Documentation]]. A pilot to translate the MediWiki content will run in August/September '08 time frame.
 
|-
 
|-
| Access to translation data to be moved to Pootle || Braconi || 2 ||         ||    
+
| email (offline) access to bugtracking || Fuhrmann || 2 || pending  || Requirement added to [[Infrastructure_Requirements]] and handed over to Sun team which evaluates hosting efforts.
 
|-
 
|-
| Process and tools to allow localization of wiki content || Braconi || 2 ||         ||    
+
| make cvs artwork authoritative  || Bauer || 3 || completed || Matthias talked to the owner of the image tool. The tool does corret updates, so people are able to deal with images within CVS directly without getting any conflicts.     
 
|-
 
|-
| email (offline) access to bugtracking || Fuhrmann || 2 ||         || Discussion took place sun internally. Requirement added to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Requirements and handed over to Sun team which evaluates hosting efforts.
+
| create checklist for full open source compliance for developers || Engelhard || 1 || waiting for feedback on documentation license status (Frank)        ||    
 
|-
 
|-
| make cvs artwork authoritative  || Bauer || 3 || done        || Matthias talked to the owner of the image tool. The tool does corret updates, so people are able to deal with images within CVS directly without getting any conflicts.     
+
| QA Unit tests || Meeks, Hütsch || 2 || incremental improvements, open ended tasks || get unit test infrastructure into environment, next step get unit test written by all, patch 87469 is pending
 
|-
 
|-
| create checklist for full open source compliance for developers || Engelhardt || 1 ||         ||    
+
| Make high impact bug reports visible || Hollmichel || 2 || work in progress, Q1 2008        || [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=81913 Ubuntu]], [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=84291 Redflag 2000]] [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?Submit+query=Submit+query&issue_type=DEFECT&issue_type=ENHANCEMENT&issue_type=FEATURE&issue_type=TASK&issue_type=PATCH&issue_status=UNCONFIRMED&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&issue_status=RESOLVED&issue_status=VERIFIED&issue_status=CLOSED&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwords&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwords&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=fulltext&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=blocked&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=90439&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=micheal&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time Fedora]]
 
|-
 
|-
| QA Unit tests || Meeks, Hütsch || ||         ||
+
| fast legal reviews for external modules || Hollmichel || 2 || completed        || [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=86166 Meta Issue 86166]] 
 
|-
 
|-
| Make high impact bug reports visible || Hollmichel || || work in progress, Jan '08        || [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=81913 Ubuntu]], [[http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=84291 Redflag 2000]]  
+
| easy integration of small fixes || Bauer, Hollmichel, Meeks || 2 || work in progress   || aim to get developer process/time overhead for integrating suitably trivial fixes down to the 10minute range. Agreed on proposal: [[FixesOnMaster]], communication in Release Status meeting needs to be done
 
|-
 
|-
| More Developer-focues in processes || ||  ||          ||  
+
| more ways of being diverse in the source code || Meeks || 3 ||          || get agreement on including distro-specific patches, artwork, per-distro configuration options etc. into the (D)RCS, and look at ways of making existing hard-to-configure things (eg. settings defaults) build-time configurable. It has been agreed that a patch process is desired, searching an owner for implementation
 
|-
 
|-
| fast legal reviews for external modules || Hollmichel || ||         || to create meta issue for to be approved issues 
+
| Modularization, independent Apps  || Cheng, Meeks, Hütsch || 3 || TBD  ||      
 
|-
 
|-
| easy integration of small fixes || Bauer, Hollmichel, Meeks || ||         || aim to get developer process/time overhead for integrating suitably trivial fixes down to the 10minute range. Draft for proposal: [[FixesOnMaster]]
+
| Modularization, build on installed OOo, small developer packages  || Meeks || 2 || pending        || Petr is going to work on that on go-oo, see issue {{Bug|100265}}
 
|-
 
|-
| fast development turnaround || Bauer, Hollmichel, Meeks ||  ||          || follow up meeting needed to determine the issues
+
| Modularization, smaller, independent packages || Hütsch || 1 || in progress, target for step 1 OOo 3.0    || see three layered packaging by Ramme, Bergmann      
|-
+
| short build times || Bauer, Hollmichel, Meeks ||  ||          ||    follow up meeting needed to determine the issues
+
|-
+
| more ways of being diverse in the source code ||  ||  ||          || get agreement on including distro-specific patches, artwork, per-distro configuration options etc. into the (D)RCS, and look at ways of making existing hard-to-configure things (eg. settings defaults) build-time configurable.
+
|-
+
| Modularization, independent Apps || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||         ||   
+
|-
+
| Modularization, customizable components (cust. features)  || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||          ||   
+
|-
+
| Modularization, build on installed OOo  || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||          ||   
+
|-
+
| Modularization, small developer packages  || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||          ||   
+
|-
+
| Modularization, modular packages  || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||          ||   
+
|-
+
| Modularization, smaller, independent packages  || Hütsch, Meeks ||  ||          ||      
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
|  ||  ||  ||          ||     
 
|  ||  ||  ||          ||     
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
 +
 +
 +
[[Category:ESC]]

Latest revision as of 11:03, 24 February 2011


Name Owner Prio Due Notes
CVS to bazaar/git/subversion transition Fuhrmann, Meeks, Klose 1 in progress Weekly meeting Friday 2pm UTC #oooscm, set up prototypes for evaluation. Details on OOoSCM_Minutes. SVN and git repository prototypes are available and public accessible (via SSH). There is still no Bazaar import, it is thought that a full bazaar import might be difficult to achieve. We will for now continue with SVN and git. Discover workflows wrt to SVN and git is in progress, templates can be found at SCM_Migration#Sun_Hamburg_RE. Done: migration to mercurial on DEV300 code line complete, OO320 in preparation
Unified sign on/Federated Identity Fuhrmann 1 work in progress Requirement added to Infrastructure_Requirements. Gerd Weiss has kicked of the discussion within the website project.
Wiki/better search, structure Peters 1 work in progress
  • Wiki Engine Updated to MW 1.13 (Feb 15)
  • Structural hierarchy implemented on wiki/Documentation (wip)
  • Structure of localized wiki sections TBD
  • Implemented crosslink functionality for localized pages
Buildbots Fuhrmann, Cheng 2 work in progress Gregor Hartmann from Sun and Bao Honglin from Redflag CH2000 assigned to this task. Kick of on IRC has taken place on Dec 19, the agenda and log can be found at BuildBot_Meeting. A buildbot has been brought online by the RedFlag team. Work on a Mac build bot kicked of in June.
CWS Upload area Hollmichel 2 done, April '08 authentication work under way to get up-load with EIS, expected end of Feb 08.
reduce storage needed for l10n builds, related to modularization issues Hütsch 2 not earlier than OOo 3.3
help content should be platform independent Peters 2 After OOo 3.1
Language Packs/Dictionaries to be moved to extensions, modularization Hütsch 2 OOo 3.2 Configuration nailed down to make dictionaries as extensions. With OOo 3.0 dictionaries has come as extension. In 3.2 timeframe the language pack/dictionary issue will be adressed.
Language Fallback to en-US must be fixed (help img fallback doesn't work) Bauer 2 OOo 3.1 Issue existent. Mathias to follow up on img fallback problem, Target is OOo 3.1
Access to translation data to be moved to Pootle Braconi 2 completed 25 languages have been uploaded. Here the Pootle_Roadmap. Pootle server on arsaperta.org has been removed (announced by Charles Schultz). OOo and Sun Vendors are working with Pootle on sunvirtuallab: http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/projects/openoffice_org/. Due to additional request, Sun/G11n will set up a second Pootle server to host additional languages. Machine has already been requested and approved. The second Pootle server has been set up in July/August '08. (January 2011-> Pootle has been moved to OOo infrastructure: pootle.services.openoffice.org)
Process and tools to allow localization of wiki content Braconi 2 work in progress, OOo 3.0 Workflow at Image:OOo_Wiki_process.png The progress can be viewed at: L10n_Wiki_Process_for_Documentation. A pilot to translate the MediWiki content will run in August/September '08 time frame.
email (offline) access to bugtracking Fuhrmann 2 pending Requirement added to Infrastructure_Requirements and handed over to Sun team which evaluates hosting efforts.
make cvs artwork authoritative Bauer 3 completed Matthias talked to the owner of the image tool. The tool does corret updates, so people are able to deal with images within CVS directly without getting any conflicts.
create checklist for full open source compliance for developers Engelhard 1 waiting for feedback on documentation license status (Frank)
QA Unit tests Meeks, Hütsch 2 incremental improvements, open ended tasks get unit test infrastructure into environment, next step get unit test written by all, patch 87469 is pending
Make high impact bug reports visible Hollmichel 2 work in progress, Q1 2008 [Ubuntu], [Redflag 2000] [Fedora]
fast legal reviews for external modules Hollmichel 2 completed [Meta Issue 86166]
easy integration of small fixes Bauer, Hollmichel, Meeks 2 work in progress aim to get developer process/time overhead for integrating suitably trivial fixes down to the 10minute range. Agreed on proposal: FixesOnMaster, communication in Release Status meeting needs to be done
more ways of being diverse in the source code Meeks 3 get agreement on including distro-specific patches, artwork, per-distro configuration options etc. into the (D)RCS, and look at ways of making existing hard-to-configure things (eg. settings defaults) build-time configurable. It has been agreed that a patch process is desired, searching an owner for implementation
Modularization, independent Apps Cheng, Meeks, Hütsch 3 TBD
Modularization, build on installed OOo, small developer packages Meeks 2 pending Petr is going to work on that on go-oo, see issue Issue 100265
Modularization, smaller, independent packages Hütsch 1 in progress, target for step 1 OOo 3.0 see three layered packaging by Ramme, Bergmann
Personal tools