Documentation/How Tos/Calc: STDEVA function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Returns the sample standard deviation of the arguments.
STDEVA(number1; number2; ... number30)
- number1 to number30 are up to 30 numbers or ranges containing numbers. Logical values and text may also be included.
- STDEVA returns the standard deviation where number1 to number30 are a sample of the entire population.
- Logical values are regarded as 1 (TRUE) and 0 (FALSE).
- Text values are always regarded as zero.
- With N values in the sample, the calculation formula is:
STDEVA(2; 6; 4)
- returns 2.
- where cells B1, B2, B3 contain red, TRUE, and 2 returns 1, the standard deviation of 0, 1 and 2.
- Calc always evaluates text values as 0. The forthcoming international standard ODFF optionally allows numerical text to be converted to number form. Portability between ODFF compliant spreadsheets may therefore be an issue.
- Text given as a parameter fails: STDEVA("red";1;2) returns Err:504 (issue 87855, target OOo3.0).