Documentation/How Tos/Calc: RSQ function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Returns the square of the Pearson correlation coefficient of two sets of data.
- where x and y are ranges or arrays containing the two sets of data.
- Any text or empty entries are ignored.
- RSQ calculates the square of the Pearson correlation coefficient (which is conventionally given the letter r, hence "r squared"). See the * PEARSON function for more details.
- RSQ indicates how much of the variance in y is attributable to the variance in x.
- Advanced topic:
- The parameters x and y are always evaluated as array formulas.
- returns the square of the Pearson correlation coefficient for the two sets of data in A1:A30 and B1:B30.