Documentation/How Tos/Calc: OCT2HEX function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Converts a octal number to hexadecimal.
This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
- returns text representing a hexadecimal number, given octalnumber, which may be text, or a number containing only digits 0 to 7 (thus the number appears to be octal although it is not).
- octalnumber may have up to ten digit in twos complement representation; positive numbers are 0 to 3777777777 (representing 0 to 229-1 decimal) and negative numbers 7777777777 to 4000000000 (representing -1 to -229 decimal).
- numdigits is an optional number specifying the number of digits to return.
- If octalnumber is negative, OCT2HEX returns ten octal digits, representing the octal number in twos complement form.
- returns 1D as text.
- returns 1D as text. The number 35 is read as octal, even though it is not.
- returns 001D as text. OCT2HEX adds leading zeroes to make 4 digits.
- returns FFFFFFFFFE as text (twos complement representation of decimal -2).