Documentation/How Tos/Calc: OCT2DEC function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Converts an octal number to decimal.
This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
- returns a (decimal) number, given octalnumber, which may be text, or a number (taken to be octal although it is not).
- octalnumber may have up to ten digit in twos complement representation; positive numbers are 0 to 3777777777 (representing 0 to 229-1 decimal) and negative numbers 7777777777 to 4000000000 (representing -1 to -229 decimal).
- returns 25 as a (decimal) number.
- returns 25 as a (decimal) number. The number 31 is read as octal.
- returns -2 as a (decimal) number.