Documentation/How Tos/Calc: NORMSDIST function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Calculates values for the cumulative distribution function of a normal distribution.
- The standard normal distribution is a normal distribution with mean μ = 0 and standard deviation σ = 1.
- NORMSDIST calculates the cumulative distribution function of the standard normal distribution.
- It is equivalent to NORMDIST(x; 0; 1; 1).
- returns 0.5. The standard normal distribution curve is centred on 0, hence half of the curve is below 0.
NORMDIST(0; 0; 1; 1)
- also returns 0.5.
- The forthcoming international standard ODFF regards this as a legacy function, preferring NORMDIST.
- The accuracy is insufficient for x < −2. The error will hopefully be fixed in OOo3.2. You should use the equation
- NORMSDIST(x) = 0.5 * ERFC(-x/SQRT(2)) for x < −2.
- The function ERFC belongs to the category Add-in.