Documentation/How Tos/Calc: LOGNORMDIST function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Calculates values for the cumulative distribution function of a lognormal distribution.
LOGNORMDIST(x; μ; σ;)
- A variable is lognormally distributed if its natural logarithm is normally distributed. Parameters of the distribution are μ (mean) and σ (standard deviation).
- LOGNORMDIST calculates the cumulative density function for a lognormal distribution.
- LOGNORMDIST(x; μ; σ;) is equivalent to NORMDIST((LN(x)-μ)/σ; 0; 1; 1); it may also be calculated from
- 0.5 * ERFC((-LN(x)+μ)/(σ*SQRT(2)))
- The function ERFC belongs to the category Add-in.
LOGNORMDIST(1; 0; 1)
- returns 0.5.
- In the forthcoming international standard ODFF this function has an extra parameter, allowing calculation of the probability density function as well.