Documentation/How Tos/Calc: KURT function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Returns a measure of how peaked or flat a distribution is.
KURT(number1; number2; ... number30)
- number1 to number30 are up to 30 numbers or ranges/arrays containing numbers.
- KURT returns the kurtosis, a measure of how peaked or flat a distribution is, relative to a normal distribution. Positive values indicate a relatively peaked distribution, and negative a relatively flat distribution. KURT calculates:
- for the n >= 4 numbers having a standard deviation s > 0.
- returns the kurtosis of the numbers in A1:A30.
KURT(1; 3; 4; 5; 7)
- returns 0.2, indicating that this (too small to be useful) distribution is slightly peaked.