Documentation/How Tos/Calc: HEX2OCT function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Converts a hexadecimal number to octal.
This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
- returns text representing an octal number, given hexadecimalnumber, which may be text, or a number (taken to be hexadecimal although it is not).
- The octal number returned may have up to ten digits in twos complement representation; positive numbers are 0 to 3777777777 octal and negative numbers 7777777777 to 4000000000 (a range of -229 to 229-1 decimal).
- hexadecimalnumber must therefore also lie in this range, and is given in twos complement form with up to ten digits.
- numdigits is an optional number specifying the number of digits to return.
- returns 35 as text.
- returns 20 as text. The number 10 is read as hexadecimal.
- returns 035 as text. HEX2OCT adds a leading zero to make 3 digits.
- returns 7777777776 as text (twos complement representation of decimal -2).