Documentation/How Tos/Calc: FIXED function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Returns a number as text with a specified format.
FIXED(number; decimals; omitseparators)
- returns text representing number with decimals decimal places. If omitseparators (optional) is TRUE thousands separators will be omitted. In the absence of omitseparators thousands separators are included.
- The thousands separator character used is dependent on your locale settings; see Tools - Options - Language Settings - Languages.
- returns 1,234,567.890 as text, if your locale uses a comma as the thousands separator.
FIXED(1234567.89; 3; TRUE)
- returns 1234567.890 as text.
- Because it depends on locale settings, FIXED should not be regarded as portable.
- The omitseparators parameter appears in the formula bar as a number, rather than TRUE or FALSE. This does not affect its function.