Writer FAQ - Formatting Pages and Documents
This page has FAQs about formatting pages and documents in Writer. This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.
More information can be found in the Writer Guide, available from the OOo Documentation Project.
- How do I perform a word count of my document?
- How do I make my first page a cover or title page and start page numbering (Page 1) on the second page of my document?
- How do I change the page layout from Portrait to Landscape for an entire document?
- How do I make a header appear on only the first page of my document?
- How do I insert a Landscape page into my (portrait) document?
- I have a blank page in my word processing document. How do I get rid of this extra page?
- How can I change the default Page Style margins, so that when I start a new document the margins will be 1 inch?
- How to delete a table?
- How do I make a table heading row repeat on each page of my word processing document that the table appears on?
- How do I get my page count to not count my title page? (How do I offset the page count?)
- How can I change the page number of the first page of my document to something other than '1'?
- How do I add my own templates?
- How do I do revision marking (redlining) in OpenOffice.org?
- How do I make page numbers alternate?
- How do I insert a variable for the current date into the footer of my document?
- How do I change the default page size?
- What is the best way to format my documents?
- What is the equivalent of MSO outline mode in OpenOffice.org?
- What is a Master Document?
- How do I insert a page number of the form 'Page 1 of N'?
- How do I join two adjacent tables?
- How do I get a word count for a selected part of the text within a document?
- How do I put a Carriage Return Above a Table at the Top of a Page
- How can I change the defaults for a new Writer document?
- Can I adjust the rulers in Writer?
- How can I place a time-date variable (or field) that updates automatically into a document?
- How do I make a logo appear on the top of every page of my document?
- How do I insert 'dummy text' into my document?
- Where can I get more templates?
- Can I disable the default styles from the Styles and Formatting window, so that I can see only my own defined styles?
- Can I easily return formatting to the default?
- How to re-enable update of template styles?
- In my document, how do I repeat more than one table row when the table breaks across pages?
- How do I know what template was used to create a file?
- How do I remove a table but keep the text inside it?
- How do I convert structured text into a table?
- EN/How do I make a header appear on only the first page of my document?
Add a new FAQ entry