Difference between revisions of "Documentation/FAQ/Writer/FormattingPagesAndDocuments"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 13:26, 23 February 2009
This page has FAQs about formatting pages and documents in Writer.
More information can be found in the Writer Guide, available from the OOo Documentation Project.
- How do I perform a word count of my document?
- How do I make my first page a cover or title page and start page numbering (Page 1) on the second page of my document?
- How do I change the page layout from Portrait to Landscape for an entire document?
- How do I make a header appear on only the first page of my document?
- How do I insert a Landscape page into my (portrait) document?
- I have a blank page in my word processing document. How do I get rid of this extra page?
- How can I change the default Page Style margins, so that when I start a new document the margins will be 1 inch?
- How to delete a table?
- How do I make a table heading row repeat on each page of my word processing document that the table appears on?
- How do I get my page count to not count my title page? (How do I offset the page count?)
- How can I change the page number of the first page of my document to something other than '1'?
- How do I add my own templates?
- How do I do revision marking (redlining) in OpenOffice.org?
- How do I make page numbers alternate?
- How do I insert a variable for the current date into the footer of my document?
- How do I change the default page size?
- What is the best way to format my documents?
- What is the equivalent of MSO outline mode in OpenOffice.org?
- What is a Master Document?
- How do I insert a page number of the form 'Page 1 of N'?
- How do I join two adjacent tables?
- How do I get a word count for a selected part of the text within a document?
- How do I put a Carriage Return Above a Table at the Top of a Page
- How can I change the defaults for a new Writer document?
- Can I adjust the rulers in Writer?
- How can I place a time-date variable (or field) that updates automatically into a document?
- How do I make a logo appear on the top of every page of my document?
- How do I insert 'dummy text' into my document?
- Where can I get more templates?
- Can I disable the default styles from the Styles and Formatting window, so that I can see only my own defined styles?
- Can I easily return formatting to the default?
- How to re-enable update of template styles?
- In my document, how do I repeat more than one table row when the table breaks across pages?
- How do I know what template was used to create a file?
- How do I remove a table but keep the text inside it?
- How do I convert structured text into a table?
- EN/How do I make a header appear on only the first page of my document?
This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.