Writer FAQ - Document Management
This page has FAQs about document management, file formats, and similar topics.
More information can be found in the Writer Guide, available from the OOo Documentation Project.
- How can I open Microsoft Works wordprocessor files (.wps)?
- Can I edit PDF files?
- How to open Microsoft Office 2007 documents?
- What file formats does OpenOffice.org Writer support?
- Does OpenOffice.org support WordPerfect file formats?
- How do I convert multiple OpenOffice.org documents to PDF?
- Why does OpenOffice not open MSWorks files (.wks)?
- How can I search many .odt (or .sxw) files for one word?
- Can I publish my Writer text as a Blog?
- How can I do a batch conversion of my MSOffice files into OpenOffice.org file formats?
- Can multiple users edit a file concurrently?
- Files created in other applications do not always display in OOo exactly as they did when they were created. What can be done about it?
- Why does OpenOffice not support the file format my application uses?
- A file has an unfamiliar file extension. How do I figure out what kind of file this is?
- I found a problem with importing a document, what do I do?
- Can I publish my Writer text on a MediaWiki server?
This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.